What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Moderators

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that mods are altering an increasing number of peoples posts. Unless the material is offensive do not understand why? Eg a member included their reg number so they altered it? Is it because they have the power they feel they have to use it. Plus lets have free speach make people welcome to voice opinions and experiences good and bad. Was not impressed seeing that a post was regarded as a rant. Lets look at helping each other by posting our issues in order to revolve them. This is not a rant but an observation.

FGRob

Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about with regard to reg numbers, the point you should remember is, this is a public website and not everyone likes to see their reg number displayed so they are either removed by the original poster after a request from a owner or the mods will change at the request of the owner - it's good policy not to post reg numbers any way, you don't want your number being used elsewhere, plus if something happens to your car - say an accident, you don't always want other people to see that.

As for your other point "freedom of speech" - no problem, but at least do something about your situation and report back instead of just going on and on. Don't forget I'm not just a moderator I'm also an owner and therefore I to have the right to say my piece - just like you.

You will be surprized just how many people love to come on these websites, cause trouble and have not even got a car.

I trust that answer your question - I like to think this is a friendly site, the rules are pretty simple as long as people play nicely the need for moderation will not be required.

I forgot to add, normally if in mod mode I would leave a tracer or make a comment in red, so if it's black I'm not moderating

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
We are all in favour of people putting their points across, both good and bad. That is what forums are for. However, there are ways of doing it, without causing offence to anyone else. If we feel that some language used is not appropriate, then we are within our rights to edit the post so as not to offend.

We appreciate that some people may have issues with their car, whilst others may not and we want to hear both sides of the ownership experience. If someone is having a bad time with their RCZ then obviously they will not be happy but you can't keep bringing issues up, without trying to resolve them and then bad mouth people when they haven't been given the opportunity to do something about it.

Lets not get bogged down in the rights and wrongs - lets just try to keep this a friendly place to be, where we can all air our point of view, good or bad, in a cival manner. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Posts are only edited if they are not in keeping with the sites terms and conditions forum-terms-and-conditions-please-read-t47.html. In fact looking at the moderators logs, only two posts have been edited this month so far, and we normally write a reason for edit. This could be anything from editing a reg number to deleting a personal insult. When you consider how many posts are written each month, this is a very small percentage. Unfortunately there are those who wish to spam the forum or insight friction which is why we do need a hands on mods team.

You will also note, the post regarded as a rant was not deleted. As for voicing opinions that is all fine as long as you do not name a shame, details and reasons here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=278

Is it because they have the power they feel they have to use it

I assure you that is not the case. Being a moderator is not some kind of status symbol or a rank to be elevated to. The moderator team are like caretakers of the site and do so in their own time and do not get paid. They always have the sites best interest a heart.

With that in mind if anyone has any issues please let me know. And as always if you have any criticisms of the site, good or bad drop me a PM. If want to see something implemented or you're not happy with me, other members of the team or the site, I'll always try my best to sort things.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Lets not get bogged down in the rights and wrongs - lets just try to keep this a friendly place to be, where we can all air our point of view, good or bad, in a cival manner. :thumbup:

Yea, lets not turn this in to an Audi Forum...I Joke I Joke...

Cant we all just get along...

A

Anonymous

Yeah come on guys... it's Christmas. Goodwill and peace to all men, and women... and even TT drivers!! :lol: