What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mobile Forum

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick heads-up to let you know that we're implementing a Mobile version of the forum that is easier to use on phones and mobile devices.

It's currently live. To access it just visit the forum on a mobile device.

IT IS STRICTLY BETA AT THE MOMENT - What you see is what you get, but this is being worked on, so eventually it will boast a full feature set. Tapatalk support still works as normal and if you prefer not to use the Mobile version simply click the text link at the very bottom to return to the full version of the site. Your choice will be remembered and you wont have to do it again, next time you visit. To go back to the mobile version after that just delete your cookies.

PS - The Tapatalk nagger pop-up for Chrome has been disabled also.

Cheers,

Derek

A

Anonymous

Liking that a lot ED. probably worth pointing out that people might need to empty their browser cache on their phones to see the new mobile layout (I was still seeing the full site until I did this). Top job! :thumbup:

hanswuk

Reaction score
I find that one of the most useful ways of using this forum is to select new posts. This can be done by choosing the new post option from the search tab drop down box. However whilst that works fine on any Windows computer I just cannot get the drop down box to function on any Android device - tablet or phone. Is it me or is it just that the site is not fully functional on Android? Has anyone got any ideas?

A

Anonymous

Try Tapatalk :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

frankvdb

Reaction score
hanswuk said:
I find that one of the most useful ways of using this forum is to select new posts. This can be done by choosing the new post option from the search tab drop down box. However whilst that works fine on any Windows computer I just cannot get the drop down box to function on any Android device - tablet or phone. Is it me or is it just that the site is not fully functional on Android? Has anyone got any ideas?

You can enter the URL manually on the phone and then bookmark it for later use.
Also if you install Chrome you can link your phone and computer using your google account so that you can see the same tab on the phone that you have on the computer (Chrome Sync).

hanswuk

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
hanswuk said:

Also if you install Chrome you can link your phone and computer using your google account so that you can see the same tab on the phone that you have on the computer (Chrome Sync).

Frank, thanks for your reply but I'm not sure that you have understood the problem. I use Chrome on all the devices and the synchronisation works well. However on a PC, if you hover the cursor over the search tab, a drop down list appears. One of the options is 'new posts' and clicking on that lists all the thread titles which have had recent posts (from all sections of the forum) on screen. It is that function which I cannot get to work on Android devices.

frankvdb

Reaction score
hanswuk said:
frankvdb said:
hanswuk said:

Frank, thanks for your reply but I'm not sure that you have understood the problem. I use Chrome on all the devices and the synchronisation works well. However on a PC, if you hover the cursor over the search tab, a drop down list appears. One of the options is 'new posts' and clicking on that lists all the thread titles which have had recent posts (from all sections of the forum) on screen. It is that function which I cannot get to work on Android devices.

so if you do that on Chrome on the PC you can then sync it on the phone and bookmark it so you won't need to hover on the phone.

frankvdb

Reaction score
hanswuk said:
OK, now I understand what you mean. I'll try that later. Thanks for your help.

But I agree that it's not good UI design to hide such handy features in a hover menu, but then again most web based UI are difficult to use because it's not clear which usage options there are.
IMO hover should only be used for help or additional information for the item under the cursor and not for sub-menus.

hanswuk

Reaction score
Frank, I totally agree - to me it's quite a basic function to be able to choose which categories of postings you wish to see. Anyway I've tried what you suggested and it works on my phone. I'll sort the tablet out tonight. Thanks for your help.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mobile skin has been updated and restored. It should kick in automatically when you visit the site from a mobile device but you can switch to it manually by clicking the mobile phone icon in the site header.

The mobile version is still a work in progress but full functionality is complete. Visual improvements will follow.

Hanswuk and Frankvdb - There's now also a new posts button on the navbar for you.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ah ok :) its no biggy, I can always switch back to the full site to do it for now.