What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mixed emotions

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Well, it was short lived, but I think I may be selling my R in the new year. I think the reason being that I just don't feel the love and excitement that I had when I owned my first RCZ. Back then, I would have killed to have an R, but I guess that owning other cars has sort of ruined it for me.
Its also stemming down to logistical and economical reasons. In January, my daughter will be starting Pre School full time, which will mean that we don't need to drive her to her grandparents in the mornings. Her pre school is a 10 minute walk from where I live.
I also work from home most of the time, and when I do need to go into my office, its only 3 miles away, so an easy cycle in.
My wife is also cycling to work, so it will be silly to pay for the running of two cars.

There is a silver lining though. As we wont be driving much, we can sort of merge the two cars into one and get a fast BMW.
We are looking at getting a 440i Gran Coupe. So its the same as we have, but more powerful and noisey, and also practical for family trips.

I know I'm not really an active poster on here, and a lot of you joined after I was here the first time, but I just wanted to share this with you.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't want a BMW.
Well, unless it's a 635 csi or E30 M3.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well Abzynthe,

I wish you luck with whatever decision you make car wise, short lived your second stay was, shame I was hoping to share many posts on the forum and bump into you on one of the meets.

It's true there are many fine cars out there, but after my trip to Austria with Danny R - I found out exactly what the R can deliver and to me it will be a hard act to follow, shape wise no comparisons in our budget lol.

But I'm a fine one to talk - 7 cars in two years !

So without haste I wish you well and Bon Voyage . . . . .

Cheers n Beers

:beer:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping when I bought it that it would be like the old days. I was quite excited to take it round a track and up the hill climb, but as I said previously, I just don't feel anything for it.
If it weren't for the changes in routine, then I would have stuck with it for longer, but its just made the decision sooner rather than later.
I'll still stick around, and you never know. I may regret it again and get another one in future. :lol:

TAC

Reaction score
Good luck Abzynthe see you again when you change mind :lol:

jr4070

Reaction score
Oh no...
Its a shame, hoped to bump into you at Pugfest this year. Sell it well my friend, keep those residuals high..

Abzynthe

Reaction score
jr4070 said:
Sell it well my friend, keep those residuals high..

Speaking of residuals. What do you think a good price to sell at would be? I want to sell for a bit more than I paid as I think I got it at a bargain. I have also updated the firmware and added DAB, so should make it a bit more appealing?

Its a 2014 (63) with 42000(ish) miles. FSH etc, MOT til July.
I have also noticed that Mercury grey ones done come up for sale very often :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
jr4070 said:
Sell it well my friend, keep those residuals high..

Speaking of residuals. What do you think a good price to sell at would be? I want to sell for a bit more than I paid as I think I got it at a bargain. I have also updated the firmware and added DAB, so should make it a bit more appealing?

Its a 2014 (63) with 42000(ish) miles. FSH etc, MOT til July.
I have also noticed that Mercury grey ones done come up for sale very often :eusa-think:

Well I can remember yours coming up for sale - remember we spoke about it previously.

I did manage to sell mine for 17K but it was a 14 plate with 6,000 miles.

I don't really know and it doesn't come up in guides, but maybe £14,500 - £15,250 ?

Just a guess really, at the end of the day it's what you can get balanced with what someone is prepared to pay.

On a second note - how did you add DAB and how can you tell if you have it? I have the JBL system in my R, not sure how to check if it's DAB though, and if not how do you add it?? Cheers.

renegade79

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
[On a second note - how did you add DAB and how can you tell if you have it? I have the JBL system in my R, not sure how to check if it's DAB though, and if not how do you add it?? Cheers.

Snap - My 308 GTi has touchscreen but no DAB radio. Kinda disappointed about that, but was wondering how I might go about getting one installed.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I will take it into consideration.

As for the DAB, I added the Dension DAB+U module using the armrest usb socket and ran the aerial through to behind the passenger rear light.

I think to see if you have DAB or not, it would be in the radio menu where you select AM/FM etc.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Well, today I put an order in for a BMW 440i Gran Coupe. It should be delivered in around 6 weeks, so my RCZR will be up for sale shortly. We did try and work out a way of keeping it, but unfortunately the figures did not stack up :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk