What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Missing my FIZ !! Three days old and new fuel pump!!

A

Anonymous

Got my car on tuesday, was realy lucky to come accross a limeted edition 200/ no 8, Realy love that car.
The second day of driving i started to loose all power on excelleration, Not too safe!! So on friday took it in for an inspection! They found nothing wrong, They advised me to take it in to any peugeot dealer if it went wrong again!!
Four hours and fourty miles later!! It went wrong, This time fault light was on!! Was actualy relieved!!
Called my dealer and they advised me not to drive as this might reset the fault!! All being sorted now, And as a way of saying sorry the garage lent me a 308 cc, Cant wait to get my car back, as this is a diesel and sounds like a tractor!!
They told me it was the fuel rail preasure being too low!! I had 20 % Less power cant wait to get my baby back!! The 308 is not my cup of tea!!!
They get the new pump tuesday, So maybe car back in the afternoon!!!
Realy cant tell you how much i dont like the 308 engine noise is awful even worse with the top down.
Hope they just got this one wrong as its a realy bad advert!! :thumbdown:
Nice thought by the garage though! As i looked well dissapointed when they told me the ford KA was out front!!

A

Anonymous

its not the only one, ours is going in again. Loses power on acceleration at about 4000rpm and engine light came on again. happened last month and they re-set the software saying there was a software upload required. what a load of sh@*&. If they dont sort it this time, I will be seeing how i can get my money back

FGRob

Reaction score
dorice said:
Got my car on tuesday, was realy lucky to come accross a limeted edition 200/ no 8, Realy love that car.
The second day of driving i started to loose all power on excelleration, Not too safe!! So on friday took it in for an inspection! They found nothing wrong, They advised me to take it in to any peugeot dealer if it went wrong again!!
Four hours and fourty miles later!! It went wrong, This time fault light was on!! Was actualy relieved!!
Called my dealer and they advised me not to drive as this might reset the fault!! All being sorted now, And as a way of saying sorry the garage lent me a 308 cc, Cant wait to get my car back, as this is a diesel and sounds like a tractor!!
They told me it was the fuel rail preasure being too low!! I had 20 % Less power cant wait to get my baby back!! The 308 is not my cup of tea!!!
They get the new pump tuesday, So maybe car back in the afternoon!!!
Realy cant tell you how much i dont like the 308 engine noise is awful even worse with the top down.
Hope they just got this one wrong as its a realy bad advert!! :thumbdown:
Nice thought by the garage though! As i looked well dissapointed when they told me the ford KA was out front!!
If your car is no 8 it must be one of the oldest out their, as the limited editions were the first to come out, in which case it sounds like the fuel pump up-grade was not completed, it's probably been sitting in a compound somewhere, once sorted you should be OK, I had mine done prior to picking it up in July last year, mine was an ex-showroom car and was told about the up-grade prior to collection.

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi dorice, sorry to hear about your problem. Hopefully they will have it sorted for you and it will be as good as new. Keep us updated.

A

Anonymous

Yay got it back, Better than new!! Realy shocked at how much more power there is with new fuel pump!! And at how much higher fuel consumption is!! Can cope with that though!! Cleaned car when i got it back as i always do to check for any little marks and found a small dent in the pannel behind the wheel arch, Rang them up and explained, have now got to get an estimate!! Smallest pannel on the car!! Shouldnt cost too much!! I think it was a knee whilst they changed the pump!!! But to be honest can live with it if i have too!!!

A

Anonymous

apparently a solanoid that drives the turbo has gone. 6 months old and parts going already ! Should be fixed on thursday hopefully

A

Anonymous

ADZ1478 said:
apparently a solanoid that drives the turbo has gone. 6 months old and parts going already ! Should be fixed on thursday hopefully
I do have to say that although ive had a problem with mine, Not all owners have had problems!!
I am going to fight on through, Because, at the end of the day it is my dream car, and im just excited to think about the next time im taking her for a spin!!!
Hope this is an isolated incident for both of us, To be honest im going to go through what eva it takes to keep my baby going!!
Hope it all goes well for you and you have a successful fix!! :crazy: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

:dance: Thank you all for your support!! Have brought my baby on a road trip accross the uk am in derby at the moment had a great run up from plymouth and is running like a dream!! Even the fuel economy is great!! speed limit + a smile and still 42 per gal!! Am v happy with that!! :clap: :thumbup: