What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Misfire problems

Bendymum

Reaction score
Hi I purchased my Peugeot in October 21. It was a part exchange from the garage. Within 22 days my car was showing engine management problems. These turned out to be misfire problems. History so far is 9 visits to the garage (On promise of fixing the problem) I have had 4 new spark plugs 4 new coils, 3 injectors, timing chain, Head gasket, Burnt exhaust valve cylinder 2 replaced and relapped and replaced valve stem seals on other valves. The garage is refusing to fix it anymore despite it should still be covered under the warranty as the problem is still showing as misfire on cylinder 1,3 codes 1336 & 1339 as I got so fed up I bought my own diagnostic lead. He quoted he has paid over £4000 of his own money to fix the problem, but refuses to take the car to a proper Peugeot main dealer. Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks.

Pedro

Reaction score
P1336- Cam-Crank sensor range performance
P1339 Crankshaft position sensor
Possibly timing/fuel which throw up a persistent misfire issues they could check for fuel pressure to rule out the HPF pump?

Bendymum

Reaction score
I have also just gone back into my diagnostics re code 1336 Cylinder 3 running high. I will definitely check the above things cam crank sensor and hp fuel pump. As a novice could somebody explain the exact meaning of the high numbers my unit has thrown please. Much appreciated 6AA6BED8-E78D-4B28-AE72-D9D3ED313EE6.jpeg

Attachments

• CC704F0E-EAAB-41F8-8AF0-DEE33C108754.jpeg
    CC704F0E-EAAB-41F8-8AF0-DEE33C108754.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 7

Pedro

Reaction score
Swop over coil packs to check if its not the coil pack failing? but not from No 4 !
Running high =
Fuel issue?
injector blockage (Rare) but can happen
Cam-Crank sensor can lead to intermittent misfires

Germd

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering did you ever sort the issue out with your car ?and if so what was the cause
Cheers Gerard