What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Mirrors not folding

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

my mirrors do not fold when I load the car. Is this a common problem?

any help much appreciated

g

Pedro

Reaction score
Not sure if its a common fault I once had a mirror fully close when I closed the drivers door so I pressed the mirror angle adjuster & the whole unit opened out again ! you may possibly have to reset the BSI if they won't operate properly there is a thread posted by" Hatman" in the recent " Battery removal post" thankfully I have not encountered that problem but saying that it might be worth checking the battery as they tend to throw out wobblers like that when in economy mode as the power is bit low which basically means they don't have enough juice to service all the ancillary components like mirrors spoilers etc

Goatz

Reaction score
ok thanks for the tip. I just tried the BSI reset. The drivers mirror now dips when in reverse, however the passenger side does not, and the mirrors still do not fold.
I might try and give them a bit of force. I read that if the mirrors are not sat properly it can cause problems.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to fold them via the driver’s switch?

Goatz

Reaction score
fuse looks shared with one touch electric windows? F5 30a
electric windows work fine.
i have tried replacing the fuse regardless. still no joy.
bsi reset 3 times now, no good. Button does nothing. Can’t hear any motor struggling when pulling the button or locking the car. this affects both mirrors so I doubt a motor issue.

Goatz

Reaction score
oh, and i made sure the car was not in economy mode.

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe software "memory" issues I checked this in the file & when Peugeot reconnect the battery they use laptop software in reprogramming the ECU to clear out any codes & reconfigure the data back into the car ?