What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

minor problem ( jan 24th ) update.

A

Anonymous

minor problem

Hi everyone,
Not been posting for a few months but just to say i collected my rcz on 8/10/2010. very happy with car, big step up from my 2001 alfa 147 !! anyway have just noticed that a lot of water/condensation has built up behind the reversing light/fog light lens cover under the rear bumper. car going in wed morning to be looked at, i know its nothing compared with other members hassles but may just be worth other owners checking there cars out. just concerned that water may get into electrics and want to avoid further issues.

Regards Lark.

FGRob

Reaction score
Re: minor problem

Cheers Lark.

Thanks for the heads up - can you come back and let us know what the fix was.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Morning.
Had the car in yesterday and it appears the the seal behind the light lens has failed and water is going into the lamp unit. Not sure why this has happened, could it have been incorectly fitted ? or is just a " one off "fail ? anyway new seal ordered and should be sorted next week.Guess its a wait and see job to see if problem solved. Whilst on subject of rubber seals, the drivers side door seal on the car has also started to " bubble " which is only way i can describe it ! Its about half way up the drivers side door where the door closes, do they call it the shut line ?? dealer is going to order and fit a complete new seal rather than try and repair which im happier about.Again not sure of reasons why fault occured but at least getting sorted. Hope you can work out where i mean with door seal from my poor desription, im not technically minded !!

Regards Lark.

A

Anonymous

Impossible to tell - could be incorrect assembly or a one-off fail. On a new car though it should be a warranty issue.

I had a similar problem in my old car - was driving through northern France last February during the worst rain I've ever encountered - apparently it was graded as a small hurricane (!). Could feel the engine straining at 50mph like it normally did at 80mph (was heading for a boat so couldn't reschedule the journey) and water forced its way round the headlamp seal and once broken the whole headlight needed replacing to stay legal.

A

Anonymous

Ta for reply, should have mentioned that both issues are being sorted under warranty.

Lark.

A

Anonymous

Hi
Quick update, car went in yesterday new reverse lamp lens cover and seal fitted, also complete drivers door seal also fited.Job done in 3 hours, great service by local dealer, even rang to say car was ready. heres hoping thats job done.Really enjoying the car.

Regards Lark.

A

Anonymous

great news. always good to hear about fast dealer service