What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

McLaren P1 detail by Polished Bliss

A

Anonymous

I know and this is a stunning detail. This popped up on my newsfeed on the book of face and I instantly slipped into a daze. She chose VERY well with the colour!! PB take some tantalising photos too! Bet it stone chips like a....though!

A

Anonymous

I hope at £650k or whatever it was, it would have decent paint that could withstand chips from 'normal' driving.
I'm hazarding a guess that "Mrs Don't Tell ......." would be a fair age...how on earth does she cope with those door sills? And I wouldn't have relished driving from here to Belgium, or leaving it on a ferry! I bet it's not the most forgiving beast to drive......
A fair few products on that blog I fancy trying now.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

That's just automotive perfection in my book.

A

Anonymous

I believe quite to the contrary Donna, it's supposed to be lovely to drive...even pootling about town. Chris Harris (whose reviews I really enjoy) tests the test model in this review so, as he goes on to describe, it rattles and crashes unlike the finished model but it's well worth a watch if you have the time. Oh...and it starts at £866,000 D. Wonder how much that custom paint job cost!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskto ... b8tGX-HPQE

Derek, I concur. It's just stunning and even more impressive in the metal as I saw several weeks back.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

I stumbled onto this whilst researching something about RCZ's for a family member :)

Whilst I only moved it in and around the unit and out in the business park for pictures I can confirm it's an incredibly easy car to operate (it's just like a golf buggy in electric mode!) and getting in and out is pretty easy too. The car is driven regularly so that's a testament to how user friendly it is.

And it's value? It was insured for just shy of a million quid while it was in our possession, I don't think there'll be many P1's worth less than that once a couple of option boxes are ticked.

Clark

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum Clark!!! Your 'family member' has picked a fabulous (and affordable) motor!

I do hope you're gonna stick around to provide invaluable advice.....any discounts for us locals???? :)

I'm pleased and sad I equal measures that we can't just pop in anymore....but it saves me a fortune ........

A

Anonymous

You say that Donna but the website is far too seductive and I wily spend as much!!

Welcome to the forum Clark and I hope that you'll stick around. It would be wonderful to have your expertise and knowledge onboard!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I'm more than happy to help when/where possible - I'm limited for time so I may take a day or two to reply but I will :)

(Family member didn't buy the car in the end!)

A

Anonymous

The Gentleman that supplies all our companys electrical contracts has a silver one of these,and its been in to get repaired 5 times in 5 months of ownership..... :lol: :lol: But seriously its a stunning work of art...and also very very similar to the 650S...

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
The Gentleman that supplies all our companys electrical contracts has a silver one of these,and its been in to get repaired 5 times in 5 months of ownership..... :lol: :lol: But seriously its a stunning work of art...and also very very similar to the 650S...

Side by side the 650S and P1 are actually quite different to be fair.

They do seem to have had their fair share of teething problems, McLaren do seem to look after their customers very well though when things go wrong :cool:

A

Anonymous

Not seen the both models side by side...that would be a rare sight...but they do share a few body parts and engine,but on a general consensus having had to just work on a Mclaren car Showroom viewing all the cars,they do lack a "Je ne sais quoi"New Ferraris" are show stoppers 458 Speciale and the new Lambo Huracan just made the 650s look like a nissan 370z,the 650 is their best looking car as the roofline is lower,they are the BMW of the super car league....bland in exterior design...in comparison to the italians

Compare the La Ferarri to the P1 :eusa-think: thats a no brainer :beer: