What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Matte Paint best ways of keeping it looking it's best please

Reaction score
Morning/afternoon.

Was looking for a section on introduction to Forum saw this topic & thought I'd say hello. Hi all I have secured my RCZ at weekend so perhaps I need to amend my username 😂.

I've purchased a 2012 200PS from private seller, car is very clean & I'd like to keep it this way. Is there any Matte Paint Guru's on here who can recommend do's & don'ts or Products to get please.

All the best Guys & Gals (I expect there are some Lady's on here)

Chris

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Use products specially made for matte paint...

Matte paint shampoo - Angelwax Matte Shampoo (500ml) | Ultimate Finish (theultimatefinish.co.uk)
Matte paint wax - SCHOLL Concepts NoGloss Matt Paint Spray Wax (500ml) | Ultimate Finish (theultimatefinish.co.uk)

In addition to that, general guidelines when looking after matte paint are;

* It's recommended that you store your vehicle in a garage, away from direct sunlight, rain, wind and ground moisture.
* In order not to damage the vehicle when washing it, first remove dust and coarse dirt.
* To remove traces of insects, grease stains and fingerprints, it is best to use a special cleaner for matte paint (see above)
* Gently apply the product with a microfibre cloth. Avoid applying excessive pressure.
* Rinse with plenty of water.
* Washing the vehicle by hand is always recommended.
* Apply a neutral cleaner with a soft microfibre cloth that doesn't contain polish or hard waxes.
* Rinse the vehicle again with plenty of water
* Let it air dry.
* Remove any traces of water with a leather cloth.
* Preferably, before using the washing tunnel, use a pressure gun and avoid contact with the cleaning injector.
* If you choose to clean in a washing tunnel, it must be of the soft type and never select washing programs that contain wax.