What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Manual fabric to electric heated seats conversion

tianorth

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
TBH I think I'll just scrap the swapping seats bit and just buy a 308cc for my daily drive - best of both worlds and the interiors are the same, even better result. :dance:

Ok you do that and the I'll have your daily drive which your using atm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Plecodoras said:
TBH I think I'll just scrap the swapping seats bit and just buy a 308cc for my daily drive - best of both worlds and the interiors are the same, even better result. :dance:

You do know plec's everyday motor, don't you? :eusa-whistle:
Duracel special!!! :roll:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
tianorth said:
Plecodoras said:

You do know plec's everyday motor, don't you? :eusa-whistle:
Duracel special!!! :roll:

Ouch ! that was below the belt - Stewie :eek:

I wouldn't be seen dead in one of thearse !

Helmski

Reaction score
2retro said:
I think leather seats are overrated to be honest. Cold in winter, burn your skin off in summer, easy to mark or rip. I prefer the cloth ones!

After today I might tend to agree with you. Leather just looks soooo good in the RCZ.

Helmski

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
2retro said:
I think leather seats are overrated to be honest. Cold in winter, burn your skin off in summer, easy to mark or rip. I prefer the cloth ones!
Not 'arf!!!
Our afternoon temp is now mid thirties.
Last year, out of interest, I used the IR remote thermometer, and ...
- wall temp in shade 35 ish :wtf:
- car park concrete 50 ish :wtf: :wtf:
- inside car in sun 90 ish :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
So other than first thing in morning, five mins before departure, turn on car with air cond.
Leather upholtery, by choice, what do you think?
NO FEAR!!! :twisted:

I'm beginning to question this project

Helmski

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Just want to add first that I have removed and replaced three interiors on my old Peugeot 307cc's, for the record they came with black seats and doorcards, and I replaced them with cream..

Although I can't find the pictures at the moment, the wiring under the seats was complete with all the options on the harness, it is the seats which are different. As mentioned before it is to expensive to make several different harness's so they make one.

As with the bumper swap, all the connections were there ready to connect, as for programming I am not 100% sure, I would have thought they would just work IF the electronic control is within the seat and not from the ECU or similar.

I have thought about this change over and wondered since the RCZ shares it's internals with the 308cc, have you thought about putting the seats from a 308cc with the airscarf built in. All the air vents are already in the RCZ but they are blanked off ( which has caused problems when the caps fall off - as the audio head unit then over heats ) all you would have to do is connect the pipes and you would have hot / cold air blowing onto your neck. the seats are the same fitting and have the extra ducting within.

That's what I would do if I ever get a spare RCZ.

Cheers M.. :beer:

The 308 seats are quite nice but that just seems like more questions to be answered before committing to the purchase.

Helmski

Reaction score
OK, Peugeot is getting a visit tomorrow (probably more than one) with the seat diagrams in hand to speak to, hopefully, someone who can be arsed to give me a yes or no answer.

I'll let you know

Helmski

Reaction score
tianorth said:
From what I can see the wiring is in the seats, whether it will be able to connect into the main central harness is another question, but I would have thought that the harnesses would be the same (central ones) as they have the same part numbers and markings, it would also be cheaper to produce one harness then several options.

As to the PP2000 - probably would need to re configure some items, but would have thought if the seats plug into the harness then the seats should heat and move, but the memory settings and mirror memory is the thing that would need configuring.

It does look like they are the same. I'll get confirmation tomorrow when I visit Peugeot.

Interesting regarding the configuration of the mirror memory settings etc. If I read this correctly it might be that no config is needed at all unless I want to use the memory settings. We'll see.

Helmski

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Maybe make a video or pictures of it showing the options you enable etc???!!!!???

I will if I can be brave enough

Helmski

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Just want to add first that I have removed and replaced three interiors on my old Peugeot 307cc's, for the record they came with black seats and doorcards, and I replaced them with cream..

Although I can't find the pictures at the moment, the wiring under the seats was complete with all the options on the harness, it is the seats which are different. As mentioned before it is to expensive to make several different harness's so they make one.

As with the bumper swap, all the connections were there ready to connect, as for programming I am not 100% sure, I would have thought they would just work IF the electronic control is within the seat and not from the ECU or similar.

I have thought about this change over and wondered since the RCZ shares it's internals with the 308cc, have you thought about putting the seats from a 308cc with the airscarf built in. All the air vents are already in the RCZ but they are blanked off ( which has caused problems when the caps fall off - as the audio head unit then over heats ) all you would have to do is connect the pipes and you would have hot / cold air blowing onto your neck. the seats are the same fitting and have the extra ducting within.

You now have me looking at 308cc seats. The half leather might be a great compromise. Could my little RCZ be the first to have air scarf? I'm certainly looking into it. Are the back seats compatible?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Helmski said:
Plecodoras said:

You now have me looking at 308cc seats. The half leather might be a great compromise. Could my little RCZ be the first to have air scarf? I'm certainly looking into it. Are the back seats compatible?

Well like I said if I had another RCZ I would definately change the front seats, cannot say for sure about the rear bench seat but it more than likely will fit but if you changed for the same front colour as your back then no one would know. But I'm pretty sure that there is no ducting for the rear headscarf, but you could probably get it to fit the exact same way from the 308cc donor car ?

Cheers M. :beer:

Helmski

Reaction score
An update if anyone is replacing their manual cloth seats to electric. The god damn thing works. Plug and play. One out one in, same connection. The wiring harness is exactly the same. Only thing is the heated seats function doesn't work. Not sure if they were working before I got them or they needs to be an update to the ECU. I don't really care tbh.
Can't remember who recommended the Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner GT11 and GT12 but thanks. This stuff is amazing. Cleaned up the leather great and the conditioner makes the leather look and smell awesome. The leather smell even overpowers my California scents (Cherry mmmm) and every now and again you will get a whif of leathery cherry. It's an amazing space to be in.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Helmski said:
An update if anyone is replacing their manual cloth seats to electric. The god damn thing works. Plug and play. One out one in, same connection. The wiring harness is exactly the same. Only thing is the heated seats function doesn't work. Not sure if they were working before I got them or they needs to be an update to the ECU. I don't really care tbh.
Can't remember who recommended the Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner GT11 and GT12 but thanks. This stuff is amazing. Cleaned up the leather great and the conditioner makes the leather look and smell awesome. The leather smell even overpowers my California scents (Cherry mmmm) and every now and again you will get a whif of leathery cherry. It's an amazing space to be in.

Brilliant Helmski - good for you, I'm so pleased it worked ok, TBH I thought it would after my experiences with changing interiors and seats from pug to pug.
I'd still like to do the airscarfe just to be different, but it's not an option I'm willing to do as the R seats arrrre sooo goood - electric heating or not ( you know who you are LOL )
As for the harness, all the connections were the same, then the programming might do the rest, but with an unknown ( did they work before ? ) you might be having a fighting battle, but hey at least now you have the looks and feel of leather under your R'se ha ha !!
Cheers M. :beer:

Chadderzj

Reaction score
Did you ever get the heated element to work?
Thinking of doing this
Thanks