What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Manual fabric to electric heated seats conversion

Helmski

Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

New member here and I have a question.....

Has anyone ever replaced their manual fabric interior seats with electric/heated leather?

I am just about to purchase a set from a breaker but I was at Peugeot in Glasgow today and one garage said that the wiring harness is not there and would cost in upwards of £1200 to supply and fit the harness. I wasn't happy with that answer due to the fact the mechanic didn't really sound confident about what he was telling me so I went for a second opinion at a different Peugeot garage. This garage said that to fit the harness the dash would need to come out among other things. Again I wasn't really convinced hence the reason I am asking you fine people.

Has anyone done it?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don’t remember reading anyone having done that. It sounds like quite a major enterprise if the wiring isn’t there for it, & if that is the case, I would imagine that the dash might well have to be removed to get the wiring loom in place.

Maybe someone on here knows better?

Helmski

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I don’t remember reading anyone having done that. It sounds like quite a major enterprise if the wiring isn’t there for it, & if that is the case, I would imagine that the dash might well have to be removed to get the wiring loom in place.

Maybe someone on here knows better?

Thanks for that.
The hard wired option was mentioned but I have no idea what implications this would cause. I'm pretty sure the airbag and pressure sensor connections will be the same so all safe there.

I really hope someone has taken this on. Failing that, has anyone bought they skin seat covers like this https://www.carseatcovers-albert.co...ike-the-original-upholstery-peugeot-rcz-2010/ Your opinion on the fit?

tianorth

Reaction score
PM me your Vin number and I'll check the Peugeot service system, and also check with mine as it has electric seats.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Helmski

Reaction score
tianorth said:
PM me your Vin number and I'll check the Peugeot service system, and also check with mine as it has electric seats.

I would really appreciate that bruv. Thanks so much

VIN: VF34J5FV8CP007034

tianorth

Reaction score
These are for your Vin number.

tianorth

Reaction score
So you will need access to PP2000 (the Peugeot service system).

Helmski

Reaction score
tianorth said:
So you will need access to PP2000 (the Peugeot service system).

So the wiring is identical on both? All it needs is an update to the software/firmware via the PP2000 as the seats should already have the rest of the hardware? Am I right?

tianorth

Reaction score
From what I can see the wiring is in the seats, whether it will be able to connect into the main central harness is another question, but I would have thought that the harnesses would be the same (central ones) as they have the same part numbers and markings, it would also be cheaper to produce one harness then several options.

As to the PP2000 - probably would need to re configure some items, but would have thought if the seats plug into the harness then the seats should heat and move, but the memory settings and mirror memory is the thing that would need configuring.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
usually the wirings are already there (because of cost and time) but you will need for sure to activate from peugeots firmware

just inform us when you do it because it is something that i would like to add too

tianorth

Reaction score
Maybe make a video or pictures of it showing the options you enable etc???!!!!???

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was a fabric seat option on the RCZ! Thought they were all leather.

2retro

Reaction score
I think leather seats are overrated to be honest. Cold in winter, burn your skin off in summer, easy to mark or rip. I prefer the cloth ones!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
2retro said:
I think leather seats are overrated to be honest. Cold in winter, burn your skin off in summer, easy to mark or rip. I prefer the cloth ones!
Not 'arf!!!
Our afternoon temp is now mid thirties.
Last year, out of interest, I used the IR remote thermometer, and ...
- wall temp in shade 35 ish :wtf:
- car park concrete 50 ish :wtf: :wtf:
- inside car in sun 90 ish :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
So other than first thing in morning, five mins before departure, turn on car with air cond.
Leather upholtery, by choice, what do you think?
NO FEAR!!! :twisted:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Just want to add first that I have removed and replaced three interiors on my old Peugeot 307cc's, for the record they came with black seats and doorcards, and I replaced them with cream..

Although I can't find the pictures at the moment, the wiring under the seats was complete with all the options on the harness, it is the seats which are different. As mentioned before it is to expensive to make several different harness's so they make one.

As with the bumper swap, all the connections were there ready to connect, as for programming I am not 100% sure, I would have thought they would just work IF the electronic control is within the seat and not from the ECU or similar.

I have thought about this change over and wondered since the RCZ shares it's internals with the 308cc, have you thought about putting the seats from a 308cc with the airscarf built in. All the air vents are already in the RCZ but they are blanked off ( which has caused problems when the caps fall off - as the audio head unit then over heats ) all you would have to do is connect the pipes and you would have hot / cold air blowing onto your neck. the seats are the same fitting and have the extra ducting within.

That's what I would do if I ever get a spare RCZ.

Cheers M.. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Plecodoras said:
That's what I would do if I ever get a spare RCZ.

:lol:

I think Chris has one Mick ;)

TBH I think I'll just scrap the swapping seats bit and just buy a 308cc for my daily drive - best of both worlds and the interiors are the same, even better result. :dance: