What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

MAF sensor on a 156

Jumper

Reaction score
Hi folks. Can anyone tell me where the MAF mass flow air sensor is located on the air intake system on the THP 156 engine? I found a diagram on the forum but I dont think it was my engine plus I cant seem to find anything there?
Many thanks in advance.

2retro

Reaction score
I always get confused between the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor and the MAP (Mass Air Pressure) Sensor but one of them is to the left of the air filter when looking from front of car and is easily accessible as it sits right on top of the engine. The other one is right pain though as it's located underneath the air filter and, although you may just be able to reach it by squeezing a hand down there, it's generally necessary to remove the whole air filter box to get to it. :thumbup:

Jumper

Reaction score
Many thanks. I found the MAP sensor a few months ago took it out for a clean but it was spotless. However, I have changed the stock air filter for a performance ITG filter. These filters are slightly oiled and I just wanted to keep an eye on the MAF sensor to ensure it doesnt get oiled up. Could really do with a maintenance manual for the engine as I do all my own servicing. Cant seem to find one?

Jumper

Reaction score
Many thanks. I found the MAP sensor a few months ago took it out for a clean but it was spotless. However, I have changed the stock air filter for a performance ITG filter. These filters are slightly oiled and I just wanted to keep an eye on the MAF sensor to ensure it doesnt get oiled up. Could really do with a maintenance manual for the engine as I do all my own servicing. Cant seem to find one?
I will answer my own question now if anyone wants to know. The 156 does not have a MAF sensor

2retro

Reaction score
You sure about that? Mine does because one half of the RaceChip attached to it...

Pedro

Reaction score
I will answer my own question now if anyone wants to know. The 156 does not have a MAF sensor
What measures the Air flow in your car ? The ECU needs info from the Air intake to calculate how much Fuel to Air Ratio is needed to determine how much fuel to put through the injectors to make the combustion operate efficiently & control the emissions etc so we can only assume you have no "Lambda sensors" either near the cat ?

Jumper

Reaction score
What measures the Air flow in your car ? The ECU needs info from the Air intake to calculate how much Fuel to Air Ratio is needed to determine how much fuel to put through the injectors to make the combustion operate efficiently & control the emissions etc so we can only assume you have no "Lambda sensors" either near the cat ?
Yeah odd isnt it no sensor between outside air source on intake none in the pipe work to air filter and none in airfliter to turbo pipe work. Ive had all the pipe work out on the throttle body side also from Intercooler to throttle body inlet side and the only sensor I could find was the Boost sensor nothing else. My 156 has two Co2 Lambda sensors top one near turbo and bottom one.

Pedro

Reaction score
I believe you may be correct as Peugeot apparently only fitted them to the 200 & 270 models because of the Turbo configuration so please excuse my ignorance in my 1st post as for the two CO2 Lambda sensors they are the upstream & downstream which measure the emissions before & after the Cat & send data back to the ECU so it knows the combustion cycle is operating efficiently this may also partly explain why you have no MAF sensor

Studlee1973

Reaction score
I believe you may be correct as Peugeot apparently only fitted them to the 200 & 270 models because of the Turbo configuration so please excuse my ignorance in my 1st post as for the two CO2 Lambda sensors they are the upstream & downstream which measure the emissions before & after the Cat & send data back to the ECU so it knows the combustion cycle is operating efficiently this may also partly explain why you have no MAF sensor
Got a faulty upstream on daughters 2008 having to drop into 1st to even get up a hill

Jumper

Reaction score
The reason I asked initially was because I fitted an ITG performance air filter and as part of the maintenance regime for the filter, you have to spray it with air filter oil.
I was worried the oil may contaminate the MAF and throw up error.

Pedro

Reaction score
The reason I asked initially was because I fitted an ITG performance air filter and as part of the maintenance regime for the filter, you have to spray it with air filter oil.
I was worried the oil may contaminate the MAF and throw up error.
I have a similar filter & was concerned about the MAF being contaminate but due to the high mileage service interval for this type its not a problem I got the K&N panel in mine & they recommend after 50.000 klm you clean it & recoat it with the oil included in the cleaning pack bought separately & the difference in clean Airflow is felt straight away off the pedal