What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Lowering your RCZ.

A

Anonymous

Eager to soak up all information regarding the RCZ I came across this picture. I wasn't even aware there where lowering kit's available for the RCZ.

I kind of like the look of a lowered RCZ. The " as Chip Foose would say " stance of the car is something I really like now. On the other hand it takes
away the classy look the RCZ has got.

Anyone here lowered his or her RCZ?

( It could also be a Photoshop lowering ;-) )

Attachments

• 23123517.jpg
    23123517.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 4,667
A

Anonymous

Hi Helen RCZ, I personally don’t like the lowered look. To me it looks like the suspension has collapsed. On returning home from our meet last Sunday, I spotted a BMW which had been lowered. It looked like it was scrapping along the road. Not a pretty sight. :thumbdown: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

VASS said:
loving the black arches

I was now thinking of finding a wrap supplier to wrap my arches black :)

Flat black? Not shiny I mean by that.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
The RCZ is the first car in years made by Peugeot who does not need to be lowered. The space between wheel en wheelarch is perfect, almost equal the whole wheel round. :thumbup:

I think H&R has loweringsprings for the RCZ wich lower the car 20mm.

A

Anonymous

Black on black...why not. Will resolve your problems with the arches anyway.

A

Anonymous

see photos of our car for sprayed black archers in members gallery

A

Anonymous

Helen RCZ said:
Eager to soak up all information regarding the RCZ I came across this picture. I wasn't even aware there where lowering kit's available for the RCZ.

I kind of like the look of a lowered RCZ. The " as Chip Foose would say " stance of the car is something I really like now. On the other hand it takes

Unfortunately unlike old Foosey we in Europe dont get smooth Asphalt to drive on.. :lol:

Looks good. but it depends on what you want from the car. I wouldnt want to tackle a fast B-Road lowered :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I think there are some German companies doing suspension kits.

Personally I am coming from a Subaru Outback which is high and has tonnes of clearance. Been ery paranoid of putting the RCZ into a gutter when parking because the sensors don't pick them up that low. To me though, it has been a good compromise, I can get into our drieway without scraping anything but if the car was any lower I would definitly hae issues.

A

Anonymous

As Glenn will know, Australia has a lot of speed humps in car parks and on residential roads to slow traffic. It's bad enough that they're there without having a boy racer in front of you in a lowered car who has to stop the traffic to carefully drive over the hump. I've driven over some of these in the RCZ during my test drives and it seems to handle them well without needing to slow excessively.

From a personal view, I need to access a number of driveways that have steep angle changes and anything lower than the standard RCZ will leave me having to park on the street (not a good idea with a car like the RCZ). :?

I think the squat look of the car is just fine as it is. :dance:

RCZooM

RCZ1

Reaction score
I like the white bit painted white on the front bumper - pity that's not an option.

Not keen on lowered cars - the ride is very harsh to say the least :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Helen RCZ said:

Ive got a lowered suspension on my A6 3.0TFSI and the handling is worse than the standard lowered sport suspension. Hard as nails and also has caused whats known as impact damage to the gearbox and frame. Got a friend who also has an after market lowered suspension on his BMW M3 and same problems. The short range of the spring (not allowing full progression ) means that the car gets jarred and this can cause damage to the frame, engine and gearbox. As a guide race track cars dont drive on B roads, need an overhaul after a track day (100-200 miles) and costs a fortune as not only do you need to change the springs and dampers but also the guiding arms etc as otherwise the bushes wear.

An RCZ lowered any more than standard would be costly in the medium to long term and expect resale value to plummet

FGRob

Reaction score
Yep agree it's low enough in the first place, any lower and I can't get over the speed bumps we have in our car parks. :wtf:

The only way to do it correctly is a completed replacement coilover, I've got semi race fitted to my other car, fully adjustable electronic damping, no problems with ride as the valving / spring combination is correct for the car - so would I go to this expense for the RZC - that's a big no, I will not keep the car long enough to get a return, plus I like my comfort. ;)

It's an age thing :eusa-think: :dance: :clap: ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I have found another picture of that RCZ. It does not seem lowered in this picture. What I do like is that white front bumper. This looks so much better when color coded.

Attachments

• 22913293.jpg
    22913293.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 4,561
A

Anonymous

lowering suspension will most definitely affect your insurance, more so than exhausts as the geometry of the car is changed and that impacts handling