What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

low oil pressure

Gkerry

Reaction score
hi had small oil leak been in was rocker gasket cover. supposed to be. replaced drove to work. engine come back on now said low oil pressure. when i started it up was taking a while for temp gauge to move up. any ideas guys. saying engine pressure two low. the gauge eventually goes up but taking it time as then warning kicks in.

Pedro

Reaction score
hi had small oil leak been in was rocker gasket cover. supposed to be. replaced drove to work. engine come back on now said low oil pressure. when i started it up was taking a while for temp gauge to move up. any ideas guys. saying engine pressure two low. the gauge eventually goes up but taking it time as then warning kicks in.
Could be a low Oil pressure sensor issue has triggered low oil warnings in the ECU sending the EML on the dash & as the outside air temp is getting colder (Winter) it will take longer for the engine temp to get up to normal as the cars has a outside Atmospheric sensor & electronically controlled water pump

Gkerry

Reaction score
Hi. Thank you dlfir hopefully someone coming out to it. As once frickerd stop but it drove fine oil is saying ok. Could they be crap in filter or oil pump As when had knee chain fitted last year it was a mess all plastic broke loads of crap came out of pump. Car been fine until now. It’s driving me nuts.

Gkerry

Reaction score
Hi. Thank you dlfir hopefully someone coming out to it. As once frickerd stop but it drove fine oil is saying ok. Could they be crap in filter or oil pump As when had knee chain fitted last year it was a mess all plastic broke loads of crap came out of pump. Car been fine until now. It’s driving me nuts.
Any joy about oil leak still leaking a bit. After river cover berm done. So must be coming from somewhere else Anyone any ideas. As still flashing pressure fault. Says oil ok

Pedro

Reaction score
You sure the rocker cover is sealed correctly as a poor seal will result in oil escaping from the gasket which should always be renewed once its removed off the car the other known suspect is the timing chain tensioner if no other visible leaks are apparent from around the Turbo area like the oil feed pipes ?

Gkerry

Reaction score
Try out a new gasket cover on. I had a new timing chain fitted last year.

Gkerry

Reaction score
You sure the rocker cover is sealed correctly as a poor seal will result in oil escaping from the gasket which should always be renewed once its removed off the car the other known suspect is the timing chain tensioner if no other visible leaks are apparent from around the Turbo area like the oil feed pipes ?
Hi Pedro. Car went yesterday the going to do oil sensor for low pressure had gasket cover done last week but the still a leak. It’s on ramps and he thinks it coming from back of gear box somewhere. any help. Or anything. It’s driving me nuts. I had new chain. Water pump another head gasket cover put on last year. So surly didn’t need another cover

Pedro

Reaction score
Sounds odd you still having leaks but rocker covers are usually straight forward if done correctly as for the other oil leakage it could be from pipework?

Gkerry

Reaction score
Just nipped back up to garage to get some bits and had a nosey under car as still up on ramp and where I’ve cleaned off earlier to see if it will leak again and it’s started to seep back through slightly on the joint where the gearbox is so it’s telling me it’s your crankshaft seal that is causing the leak, I’ll send you some photos over in the morning and I’ll give you a ring to decide what we can do with it x
Thsts is reply.

Pedro

Reaction score
If as you say its under the G/box bell housing its the main crank oil seal which will unfortunately mean the box will need to be removed let us know anyway

Gkerry

Reaction score
Yes Thsts what he said crank seal. But only thinks an did say have to drop gear box is that a big job if not even coming from there.

Pedro

Reaction score
Main crank seal failure will mean the G/Box needs to be removed unfortunately

Gkerry

Reaction score
Yea the only thinking this so I’m thinking what if it isn’t. As I don’t think taking gear box off is cheap when just cost me £90 for rocker. Over gaskit which they thought it was.

Gkerry

Reaction score
Said gear box.

Attachments

• FE711451-3C44-46CF-8CF2-28D322D630EB.png
    FE711451-3C44-46CF-8CF2-28D322D630EB.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 16

Anonymous

Reaction score
Did you get this sorted? How much did it cost. I’ve been told mine has various leaks starting with the rocker cover

Gkerry

Reaction score
Hi no. They still have it be two weeks now. Had rocket cover changed. Leak is fine. Was a turbo pipe. I’ve still issue going on it’s a nytmare. The now thinking it a Recirculation valve what’s up with yours. I carbt get mot as engine light still on.