What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Low oil level warning.

rikzx

Reaction score
My 1.6 petrol bhp156 warned of having low oil level so I topped up with 1 litre but didn't clear the message??!

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
My 1.6 petrol bhp156 warned of having low oil level so I topped up with 1 litre but didn't clear the message??!
Park it on a basically flat surface (as in, not a steep driveway) and let it sit so you give it time for a good deal of oil to run back down into the sump.

Then after lets say an hour, use the dipstick to check and you'll get a proper reading. If the dipstick shows the oil is at max, then you can ignore the alert.

As someone else said, alert messages can take time to clear but I would say, if its been a day or two and the message hasn't cleared despite you confirming the oil level is good, then you probably would have a faulty sensor.