What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Low engine oil message…

Mikefrank

Reaction score
As above heading message popped up this morning and ashamed to say it caught me out oil at bottom of stick (Metal type stick)..topped up the oil so all well..

Ok 2 questions..Roughly how much oil litres from bottom of the stick to full?..
Oil is now spot on full mark but I’m still getting low oil message?..even after driving roughly 10miles…

Any help greatly appreciated…

lfe

Reaction score
Low oil message can take up to 24 hours to disappear. It looks weird but it works like this

I think that the minimum to maximum is approximately 1 liter, or in other words, if it is at the minimum you can add 1 liter

Always talking about the 1.6 THP petrol engine

Mikefrank

Reaction score
24 Hours:oops:….never knew that…just been out again and message still appears so will give it a go tomorrow night..
cheers for the info..

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Low oil message can take up to 24 hours to disappear. It looks weird but it works like this

I think that the minimum to maximum is approximately 1 liter, or in other words, if it is at the minimum you can add 1 liter

Always talking about the 1.6 THP petrol engine
Yes true to to your words it has disappeared 👍……only another 20 warning messages to get rid of now….;);)

Pedro

Reaction score
Estimates are you have around 1 Litre on the end of the stick so you could argue as max is 4.25 Litres if you stuck 3 Litres in when its on the low mark then it will be sufficient to keep the engine running normal without any long term damage but never over fill these types of engines as it puts pressure on the engine seals & results are leaks where you least expect them to appear