What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Loud sucking noise from left rear wheel arch.

John scott

Reaction score
Had my gt200 for 2 weeks the last few days there has been either a loud or quiet sucking vacuum noise from the left rear wheel arch area. Any ideas everyone. It happens when I'm driving and also when engine is off and parked up . When parked up it still sometimes does it after a while. Curious. Thanks john

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly fuel tank breather? Just a stab in the dark I’ve never heard of that before 🤔

tianorth

Reaction score
What happens when you hear the noise and open fuel filler cap?
Does it then stop making the noise (until the next time)?

John scott

Reaction score
When it's left overnight it sometimes still hissing away the next day. Well try fuel cap and see what happens. Going into garage tomorrow as it's under warranty. Cheers.

Pedro

Reaction score
Fuel tank Vacuum ? When you open the fuel cap it will sometimes make a "Whoosh noise" as it sucks air into the tank as has been suggested by neilgsxr69 you may have a fuel breather issue & as all fuel systems are pressurised its a slight possibility it could have a cracked fuel hose sucking in air somewhere

Dr G

Reaction score
I had the same hissing/leaking sound from the left rear tyre well. Tyre pressure was good, brake lines looked good too. Brought it to the service center to get it checked and turned out to be a short circuit in the alarm speaker 💆‍♂️