What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Loud knock

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Would anybody be able to shed some light on my latest problem? When I release the handbrake, as I'm about to pull off there's a loud knock. Not sure where the noise is coming from but I had a similar problem with my last car but never found out what the problem was.

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Oh yeah and I forgot to add this only happens when the car has been parked for roughly 24 hours.

A

Anonymous

It's another Peugeot idiosyncitiy happens every time u wash the car and don't drive it for a while after. U'll get used to it ;)

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Cheers for that Big Mac, that's exactly what happened, thanks for putting my mind at ease.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it'll terrify passengers but, worry not, it's nothing to be concerned about.

renegade79

Reaction score
perfectly normal. nothing to worry about. its just the handbrake dis-engaging.

A

Anonymous

I've had this happen on every car I've owned after I've washed it.

RCZash

Reaction score
The brake pads sticking to the discs due to rust,

A

Anonymous

Are we talking of the pads sticking on the discs after heavy rain or washing the car?Rear brake thing and should be more obvious when reversing than moving forward i think after n overnight park. :oops: :oops:

A

Anonymous

Agree with above. When the car is left on drive after washing it makes this when reversing off.

A

Anonymous

Dont answer the door after a loud knock as its probably the grim reaper.He brings all our car probs into perspective.