What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Lost Boost - No Turbo

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Peugeot Kemnay arranged collection of my RCZ and Delivery of a courtesy car too :)

Fantastic service from the local lads...

I noticed a white one when I was over on Sunday dropping off my retention stuff, must have been your one! Hope it's all sorted now :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Is indeed. Picked it up this morning.. even valeted the inside and gave me a nice new keyring.

So all in all fantastic service.

also my when streaming a new albumn from my Iphone 4 it now displays all the info.. dunno if this was part of the software update or because of iOS5 though :lol:

A

Anonymous

Ach I missed you, I'm away out this afternoon to get my plates on .... RCZs that pass in the night...... :lol:

it's great when things get sorted out easily though .... another gold star to Pug!

A

Anonymous

My RCZ suffered the same problem it's nearly two weeks and still no fix from Peugeot. The tech department have the local garage running around doing tests but still no answer. Seems like I'm not the only one with this problem. :-(

A

Anonymous

Are there any other symptoms other than the turbo not boosting? Does the car drive fine, no smoke, no uneven idle, no other error messages?

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Are there any other symptoms other than the turbo not boosting? Does the car drive fine, no smoke, no uneven idle, no other error messages?

One of the guys at the garage told me to get rid of the car when its fixed. Not what I want but I guess I have no other option....

Here's the email I sent to the UK MD...week three and still waiting for my car to be repaired :-(

emails are private and should not be made public without prior agreement - hence deletionl

Sent: 27 April 2013 08:44
To: TIMOTHY ZIMMERMAN - P900102
Subject: RCZ GT200 (KX60WNM) Defects

Good morning Mr Zimmerman,

On Monday the 15h April 2013 I took my RCZ GT200 reg.KX60WNM (£30k+ car) for its 40000 mile service at Arbury Bromsgrove. I mentioned a fault being displayed “Engine fault Repair needed” which resulted in the car losing power at over 70mph reducing the speed to around 50mph whilst overtaking on the dual carriage way. Not ideal and one that put my life at risk. At the end of the day the garage promptly phoned and text to say the car was ready. On arrival I discussed the fault and was told that they could not find any faults and cleared down the error codes from the ECU.
On the way home I tried to overtake a car on the same dual carriage way, when the same fault occurred again, this time it was even more frightening to say the least as there was a car behind me, how we never crashed I do not know. I managed to get the car home. Phoned the garaged and they arranged for collection the next day, 16th April 2013 and supplied a courtesy car. Over the next two days the garaged kept me informed of the progress. The car was ready for collection Thursday 18th April 2013 but agreed to pick the car up on Friday 19th April 2013. The turbo pump had been replaced and was assured that this was the solution to the problem.
When I left the garage I notice the rear spoiler was raised so I pressed the button to lower the spoiler which failed to do so - A NEW FAULT. Driving home on the same road the same fault occurred I immediately pulled into the layby and phoned the garaged who advised me to return to them immediately, I limped back to the garaged.
Summary: The car now has two faults after the service. One, original fault, lack of power because of the fault “Engine fault Repair needed”. The second fault is the rear spoiler in the up position permanently.
On Monday 22nd April Phil from the service desk phoned me to let me know that Andy had passed all the fault codes over to Peugeot Technical. Over the course of the next couple of days a solution was found. So Phil and I talked on Wednesday 24th and agreed he would take the car home for a test drive to prove it has been fixed. On Thursday 25th driving to work Phil had a NEW FAULT with the coolant sensor, which Andy subsequent replaced and Phil informed me that the car was ready for collection. On Friday 26th April I returned to the garage and the rear spoiler was in the down position but not for long, I raised the spoiler then tried to lower it again but fault had not been fixed. This time Phil and Andy tried to resolve the fault whilst I was there. Once again I left in the garage in a courtesy car for the third week.
I have looked on the Peugeot RCZ forum and found other owners with considerably less mileage then me, 17000 miles, with the same faults, so I’m not alone.
My family and I have been loyal Peugeot customers for over fifteen years, purchasing many Peugeot’s from 107, 206, 806, 307 (x3), 308 (x3), with more than one Peugeot in the family at any one time. My wife brought a second new 308cc Roland in February this year, my daughter will be collecting her mobility 107 in May.
The RCZ GT200 is a huge disappointment and I have lost faith in your flagship product. In my opinion the vehicle is not fit for purpose. The garage have been fantastic in customer service hence the reason why we return to Peugeot every time.

A

Anonymous

mikesoffice said:
MY RCZ GT200 is a huge disappointment...

Sorry, had to fix that... just now people think the RCZ 200 is a huge disappointment...

BTW - did you buy this car new?

A

Anonymous

Hi Just want to share,
Im from Asia, my country is Malaysia (near Singapore).
I have no choice and need to search THP engine solution info till Euro forum.
I can say, THP engine is sucks, damn fragile, many of us suffering the same problem like what you are facing.
Common problem is :
- anti pollution system failure
- High Pressure Patrol Bump Failure
- Engine Knocking
- Turbo Loss.

Wondering how can this THP engine can get award!

Want to sell off this piece of junk, but can't, due to car price in Malaysia is high (3008 cost approximately 30,000 pound, and RCZ THP200 cost approximately 44,000 pound) if insist to sell, will causing too much money losing.

Lately service centre informed that, ECU software upgrade required, informed by Franch.
After so call 'upgrade', all error message hidden, car getting softer and softer, losing boost, no turbo, but no error message.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Well it's not that bad. A lot of owners haven't had any problems at all.

Your car just seems to be a bit worse off than others.

A

Anonymous

Wot is it about this forum that folks join to post a lot of faults with there car then never return. Now I've no pervious experience as I'm a forum virgin are all other car forums similar :) :-(

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Wot is it about this forum that folks join to post a lot of faults with there car then never return. Now I've no pervious experience as I'm a forum virgin are all other car forums similar :) :-(
I'm guessing that people find the forum whilst googling a fault that they have. By posting their fault on here, it has a cathartic effect and they go away having got it off of their chest, so to speak. Just a thought :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

For what its worth folks I sold the RCZ to buy a house and fund a wedding....

House now bought and wedding in about 9 months... I will be back.

Its hard to say it but the RCZ was in the garage more than my MG's but its the engine rather than the car itself that is the issue. Friend has a JCW mini and had the exact same bother.

wasn't costly and Peugeot on the whole were helpful. Only bad thing I can say is that no Peugeot garage would buy the car from me when I was selling so I had to go private. Not a bad thing but was added hassle when I just wanted to trade it in for a little runner for a year and they wouldnt take.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Only bad thing I can say is that no Peugeot garage would buy the car from me when I was selling

Nightmare! Is that 'cos of all the problems? That really is pants.. They could have least done oyu a trade in and stuck it to auction instead.

I hope it's found a nice home - I almost feel as sad as when I hear about pets going in and out of care, no-one wanting them :cry: Really should stop getting so sentimental over a tin can!