What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Lost Boost - No Turbo

A

Anonymous

Have developed a strange problem.

Totally lost all boost on my car. no turbo whistle, no boost.

Just a sluggish NA 1.6 RCZ.

Has anyone else experienced this? :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Certainly not and I hope that I never do, but Hopefully you will soon be up to speed again very soon

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Just a sluggish NA 1.6 RCZ. :thumbdown:

They all are.
No problem here Sir.

Should have got the HDi :thumbup: :eusa-whistle: ;)

:Moony:

A

Anonymous

Obviously the member has a turbo/electronic/ecu problem and is concerned with it only hopefully peugeot will sort it out for ya figo :thumbup:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I wonder if this is similar to issues found with earlier incarnations of these THP engines?

Were there any warnings or faults reported?

A

Anonymous

No faults at all.. thats whats so weird.

Its just as if the tubby has gone!

Anyway...

Its going to the garage today.. had a bit of a barmy with Peugeot Assistance since I'm a couple of weeks out of cover..

Not exactly the most helpful bunch but i will give the garage a chance to prove itself. :)

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
had a bit of a barmy with Peugeot Assistance since I'm a couple of weeks out of cover..

Does it matter if it's still under warranty???? Did you actually break down? :( What garage are you using - P'head, Kemnay or is it further afield?

I hope she's back firing on all cylinders soon!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Figo said:
had a bit of a barmy with Peugeot Assistance since I'm a couple of weeks out of cover..

Does it matter if it's still under warranty???? Did you actually break down? :( What garage are you using - P'head, Kemnay or is it further afield?

I hope she's back firing on all cylinders soon!

It will be Kemnay... I usually use Alan Milne in Elgin and they are fantastic but i dont fancy driving 90+ mins in a goosed car to get it there and do more damage.

the repairs will be under warrenty.. however getting it too the garage is not really something they seem bothered about seeing as my assistance ran out.

Even more of an annoyance is the fact that Audi here (who are notoriously stuck up) picked up my mates S3 when a similar thing happened as a gesture of goodwill despite the recovery being a year out of date and the car over 24 months old..

So i am getting a bit ripped at the moment.. so here's hoping its fixed soon so I can return to gloating with the RCZ :lol:

A

Anonymous

:eusa-think:

Now this may be me being a pesimistic dour Scot...

But after paying near £25,000 on a car and it breaking down 8 Months into ownership to be told "get the car in to us the middle of next week" that seems like a royal kick in the balls...:lol:

:wtf:

Aint part of buying a new car the benefit of no hassle, reliability, after service?

:roll:

Am i being unreasonable to expect that I shouldn't have to cancel my weekend plans or scrounge lifts into work while my New £25k sports car is sitting in a broken - albeit highly clean and waxed - state.

buying a companies halo car surely still warrents a bit of advice, Peugeot giving me a bit of chit chat, THEM actually offering to help out in some way... Surely a 107 or something is not too much to ask for in the interm?

A

Anonymous

I bought my RCZ from Kemnay so it'll be interesting to see how you get on! I've found them fine so far, but then I've not had anything wrong and they've followed up any questions I've had pretty well. Really need to start chasing up my cherished transfer though, they've made a right meal out of sorting it out! They're nae getting my revised logbook for my trade-in until my plates go on though, sod it.
Think I might have to follow up this 'lumpiness' on the HDi though. It just isn't keen on low speeds at all. My old 207 never had that on the 1.6HDi. The RCZ detests my parents farm road - I feel it's too bumpy for 2nd and it just about pegs out going up there in 1st! Perhaps that's just the way it is but I'll get the garage to check it out on it's 6 week follow up. I'm wondering if chipping it will help :eusa-think:
So when's the car going in? Let us know how you get on.......

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
:eusa-think:

Now this may be me being a pesimistic dour Scot...

But after paying near £25,000 on a car and it breaking down 8 Months into ownership to be told "get the car in to us the middle of next week" that seems like a royal kick in the balls...

Aint part of buying a new car the benefit of no hassle, reliability, after service?

Am i being unreasonable to expect that I shouldn't have to cancel my weekend plans or scrounge lifts into work while my New £25k sports car is sitting in a broken - albeit highly clean and waxed - state.

buying a companies halo car surely still warrents a bit of advice from the garage, Peugeot giving me a bit of chit chat, THEM actually offering to help out in some way... Surely a 107 or something is not too much to ask for in the interm:-\

I agree with everything you said, but fair play to the garage ... they do usually give you a courtesy car if they have one available! But with the garage being Chevrolet, Vauxhall, Suzuki, Pug and Crysler then they should have something knocking about! There's a stunning green 207 on their forecourt :eusa-whistle:
Maybe they're being not being so accomodating as you didn't actually buy the car there, garages can be funny. Have you tried phoning Pug themselves. I've found them great - after all it is a warranty thing. People on here seem to RAVE about Pug customer services........

A

Anonymous

Ill be giving PUG a buzz soon.

And once its sorted ill be looking out for the Amber beastie! Might even be able to persuade you to get a wee photo session in if the weather turns up.. Blitz the photo of the month thread :lol:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Ill be giving PUG a buzz soon.

And once its sorted ill be looking out for the Amber beastie! Might even be able to persuade you to get a wee photo session in if the weather turns up.. Blitz the photo of the month thread :lol:

Hell yeah!! :dance: Are there any others? When I collected mine there was another waiting to go out, W***ROY, a white one.

A

Anonymous

Not seen it going about yet.

Had a call from Kemnay. Very helpful.

Peugeot Assistance not really playing ball but i'm thankful for the assistance that Peugeot Kemnay are giving me.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Not seen it going about yet.

Had a call from Kemnay. Very helpful.

Peugeot Assistance not really playing ball but i'm thankful for the assistance that Peugeot Kemnay are giving me.

great news, hope they sort you out!

A

Anonymous

Peugeot Kemnay arranged collection of my RCZ and Delivery of a courtesy car too :)

Fantastic service from the local lads...

A

Anonymous

Decent courtest car too... 2011 Suzuki Swift SZ3..

Tidy wee motor if i do say so!

A

Anonymous

I hope you don't have the problem I had with the 308CC 156THP. Loss of power was actually limp home mode and the car was stuck at the dealers (Verve Bathgate) for nearly 4 weeks. Incidently, worst dealer ever, not for the first time.

Courtesy car was a 207.

All the timing etc.. was out and they had to take the engine to pieces.

Car was only 1 year old with 10k miles or so.

A

Anonymous

Funnily enoguh it sounds like a similar issue to what mine has derek.

The timing was out on mine too. The updated parts have now been fitted and Ill have my car back by the end of the week.

A software upgrade was also due.

Cannot fault the garage for either service or speed so far.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Funnily enoguh it sounds like a similar issue to what mine has derek.

The timing was out on mine too. The updated parts have now been fitted and Ill have my car back by the end of the week.

A software upgrade was also due.

Cannot fault the garage for either service or speed so far.

That's not good, especially as I have the RCZ 200THP, bad luck better not strike twice :lol: