What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Loss of vacuum

Roberts1408

Reaction score
A sudden loss of vacuum has caused brake failure. There is no vacuum being pulled on the pump but I haven’t yet got to the second pipe under the pump to see if it is the culprit and not the pump. I take it the second pipe is for the turbo waste gate valve?
Any tips would be appreciated because the last thing I want to do is remove the battery to get to the brake servo unless it has failed??

RCZKam

Reaction score
Which model have you got? If it’s a 156/200 (I don’t know about the diesel setup) it’s actually a good thing knowing how to remove your battery and quite straightforward

It definitely helps out with things like access to thermostat, heater bulkhead hoses and in your case vacuum pipes

Yes it’s a bit of a pain first time round but a breeze the second time onwards

Roberts1408

Reaction score
Thank you. It’s the 1.6 petrol. It was just the vacuum pump which was easy to replace myself. The bottom bolt had a stripped thread which was easily replaced with a longer bolt with a nut on the end. A bit tricky to get the nut on but once started easy hold hold still with a spanner👍🏻