What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

loss of power no fault codes showing

thackers

Reaction score
Hi. Over a period of time i've been experiencing a dramatic loss of power. The car can run fine but when you go back to it it's half it's power. No warning, no lights on the dash and no codes displayed. It's been in to 3 different garages one was the hopeless dealership in Harrogate ( s****acre) and non of them after days of trying on diagnostic machines can find the fault.
It's getting desperate now ,i'm wondering if any of you guys has had the same? The car is a facelift 2013 auto with 19000 on the clock.
Thanks , Dave.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave l can recommend to you this independent garage and I know that he's works on RCZs as I take the wife's RCZ and mine also for the past three years and I know many other RCZers who go there also so here's the link

PEUGEOT CITROEN REPAIRS

PASTURE LANE, HIGH STREET, Knottingley WF11 9EL
01977 278987 PEUGEOT CITROEN REPAIRS - Google Search

Hope this helps you out and other RCZers who live in the area too
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

thackers

Reaction score
Dave l can recommend to you this independent garage and I know that he's works on RCZs as I take the wife's RCZ and mine also for the past three years and I know many other RCZers who go there also so here's the link

PEUGEOT CITROEN REPAIRS

PASTURE LANE, HIGH STREET, Knottingley WF11 9EL
01977 278987 PEUGEOT CITROEN REPAIRS - Google Search

Hope this helps you out and other RCZers who live in the area too
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Thanks Les, worth bearing in mind.
Dave

Pedro

Reaction score
Intermittent Limp mode - May possible mean you have the dreaded multiple engine sensor issue with no warnings or EML showing
I would check all fluid levels & for any type of leaks but more importantly as its an Auto the gearbox oil as this can believe it or not put the car into limp mode?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I am lead to believe that the auto gearbox is same as the Porsche and very reliable...and that is why it was used for the RCZs automatic by Peugeot.

Moneypit2012

Reaction score
Hi. Over a period of time i've been experiencing a dramatic loss of power. The car can run fine but when you go back to it it's half it's power. No warning, no lights on the dash and no codes displayed. It's been in to 3 different garages one was the hopeless dealership in Harrogate ( s****acre) and non of them after days of trying on diagnostic machines can find the fault.
It's getting desperate now ,i'm wondering if any of you guys has had the same? The car is a facelift 2013 auto with 19000 on the clock.
Thanks , Dave.
Hi Dave did you ever find the fault for the loss of power ??

thackers

Reaction score
Hi Dave did you ever find the fault for the loss of power ??
No. The problem still exists. still intermittent power loss then hey presto all's well again. No fault code on the dash. you can turn the engine off i.e when we get home or where we're going, go back to the car start up and it's gone or sometimes not. It never happens whilst driving only when you go to use the car does it have the power missing, and it never regains whilst driving either.
Often our conversation when my wife or myself have been using the RCZ is "how did the car run?"
We love the car and at less than 20k on the clock we don't use it much, so reside to live with it. We have been told you could try endless changes of parts and sensors and not be certain it's cured until it happens again , and of course spend pot's of cash for the uncertainty!!!
Modern mechanics are so dependant on computers these days it makes me wonder what kind of apprenticeship they undertake?

Moneypit2012

Reaction score
I have a 2012 156 down on power.
doesn’t show any problems or codes on the system . 4 different places have had it and can’t find a thing wrong with it . It’s a bloody mystery .
Thanks for your reply
Jay

thackers

Reaction score
I have a 2012 156 down on power.
doesn’t show any problems or codes on the system . 4 different places have had it and can’t find a thing wrong with it . It’s a bloody mystery .
Thanks for your reply
Jay
Hi Jay,
Has your car had a battery change that you know of? I'm clutching at straws here , the only thing i can think back to with mine was prior to a new battery mine was fine, but i cant be totally sure how long after doing so my problems started, so don't know if it's related or not
Dave.