What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

losing wheel nut caps

frankvdb

Reaction score
Happy New Year Everyone!
I've got the 18" orignal alloys which comes with black wheel nut caps (that cover the wheel bolts).
In December 2011 somehow I lost one so got 4 replacements because the dealer said you can't get singles.
They did only give me 2 remaining caps but I didn't ask because I didn't think this would occur that often.
Now yesterday on a 30 miles trip I heard some rattles, and when I checked the car on arrival I noticed I lost 3 caps, each on a different wheel! :shock:
Has anyone else had this?
How can this happen?
I drove normally.

Thanks,
Frank

A

Anonymous

I have owned my car since March 2011, still got all mine. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Happy new year to you too! :thumbup: I haven't experienced this issue personally not heard of this in the past. However, the manufacturer provided dust caps didn't appear to be a great fit on my RCZ. I changed mine for some with the Peugeot Lion. Again, these do not fit plush but the inner thread appears more strongly defined and I haven't had a problem with them. They are easily and cheaply sourced on eBay.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Happy new year to you too! :thumbup: I haven't experienced this issue personally not heard of this in the past. However, the manufacturer provided dust caps didn't appear to be a great fit on my RCZ. I changed mine for some with the Peugeot Lion. Again, these do not fit plush but the inner thread appears more strongly defined and I haven't had a problem with them. They are easily and cheaply sourced on eBay.
Wheel nut cover NOT tyre valve cover.

A

Anonymous

Oh right...evidently the murk of the alcohol is yet to clear from inside my head...and eyes.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Oh right...evidently the murk of the alcohol is yet to clear from inside my head...and eyes.
I'm OKay Mr Rizz as not a drop passed my lips, as I continue to slowly die from some sort of nasty virus :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ah ah this has happened to me twice. The first time it was all 5 on the front passenger wheel. This was just after I had had it refurbished. Now I'm pretty sure that they were on when I picked the car up after it had been done but it was at the weekend when I was washing the car that I noticed they were all missing. I got a pack of 10 to replace them and they have been fine since. That was January 2012. Then about 3 months ago when washing the car I noticed that they were all missing on the driver side front wheel. I was thinking that someone was pinching them, now I'm not so sure. Now I make sure that they are all firmy pushed on each time I wash the car.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Ah OK so it can happen.
When washing the car I always make sure that the nut and valve caps are firmly in place.
Also, the car is always in a garage or behind a gate so no-one can have interfered with it.
So I'll just keep doing that and get a new supply of caps....