What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Looking to buy a rcz diesel.

Tweek73

Reaction score
Hi all I'm looking into buying a diesel rcz and was wondering what to look out for? I had a 207 hdi GT, but that died due partly to the dpf and play on the turbo, I would very much like to avoid these problems this time. Any advice?
Thanks
Chris

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Chris I have two Hdi RCZs in my house and what is look for is the jacking points for damage also on the petrol RCZs, good service history as the RCZ hdi is a very robust engine and is in other peougeot models as based on the 308 happy hunting..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Tweek73

Reaction score
Hi Chris I have two Hdi RCZs in my house and what is look for is the jacking points for damage also on the petrol RCZs, good service history as the RCZ hdi is a very robust engine and is in other peougeot models as based on the 308 happy hunting..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
First off thankyou for the reply, I'm curious tho... are the jacking points a week area for rust? and if you don't mind me asking, as you have the hdi variant yourself, do you use any additive to keep the dpf clear?
Thanks
Chris.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Chris I have never put any additive in any of mine in the last four years or so just need to give them a good blast in lower gear to get dpf hot as to burn off the build up and keep them clean been OK...

Tweek73

Reaction score
Chris I have never put any additive in any of mine in the last four years or so just need to give them a good blast in lower gear to get dpf hot as to burn off the build up and keep them clean been OK...
My old 207 needed a fluid pouch... I cannot remember the name of it tho... fitted to the car,so just wanted to check if I needed it for the rcz.
Thankyou

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes mate that is right the Hdi have one that is good for around 150k before needs refilling and can be filled by a garage, as Stewart said fill up with my diesel plus has more additives and the Car running lot smoother no black soot/smoke...