What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

looking for an R

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
as the title says i'm looking for swapping my rcz with an R

so i would like some infos

what extras can an R have?
i know about the jbl soundsystem but i don't know what includes
better or more speakers?
also i know that it may have electric - heated seats (of course i don't want them because i love the shape of the standar ones)
is there anything else?

the R is euro 5 or euro 6?

because there aren't any for sale in my country i m looking to buy one from germany that i can find some
any german could advice me for what to expect? how much do they cost there?

thank you in advance

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I own and drive a "german" RCZ R.

The R had only those options to tick the boxes over here on the market:

JBL sound system
front PDC (rear is standard)
WipCOM 3D navigation system (compared to the RT6 system as from stock)
those leather seats you mentioned (ditch the seat heating and go for the stock R seats, they are brilliant)
car alarm
black painted mirrors and carbon bits like the roof.

From what I know the JBL system comes of course with different speakers. But I don't know if there is an extra amp by JBL driving them. It plays well, not extraordinary (compared to top notch systems in bigger cars), but well enough. But I personally listen more to the engine noise than to music so I'm not the best adviser on this topic ;)

The R seats are great and provide relentless support over thousands of miles. I do not see any wear off compared to the passenger seat for over 70.000 miles. Leather is strong. My weight is around 75kg.

Front PDC is very nice on the RCZ but if it is not included it isn't a deal breaker cause the car is quite small and easy to park.

Wipcom 3D is excellent. I know some of pug drivers don't like it and I really don't know why. Cause the accessibility is easy, you got enough buttons on the dash for direct access to the most important functions, so you don't need to surf through stupid menus on the screen to get to the one you just need. Voice recognition works for me perfectly, even at above 120mph and all those wind noises. The performance is very good (route recalculation, stability after the last software update). I actually like it that much that I'm afraid on my next car I will be mucked by some touch-only display action bullcrap to the point where I stop using the in-car system.
I've recently experienced that in a rental Audi and the new Jaguar XE. Jeeez, did someone test those systems in real life? Like while driving?

Hope this helps a bit. Cheers!

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
of course it helps!!!!

jbl... not a deal breaker
front pdc... same as jbl
car alarm... i thought it was standart!!!
r seats... only looking for them (thanks god most R's have them)
paint... don't give a sh**t

WipCOM 3d?? what is this?? i find cars with ng4 and rt6 system never heard of that before
and what about the dipping mirrors?
i thought that all the xenon headlight cars come with the package of rain sensor and dipping mirrors
isn't that true?

A

Anonymous

Alarm is standard on the R :)
Vision pack is also standard, xenons, washers, dimming interior mirrors etc.

tianorth

Reaction score
Wipcom3d is another name for NG4 system.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Alarm is not standard in "ze germany". It was available as option only.

All the other bits and pieces like xenon, electric mirror, etc were of course on-board.
From what I saw looking at some adverts most of the R over here were purchased with almost all options :greetings-wavingblue:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
thank you both

you helped me a lot!
anyone with jbl to tell me the difference?

i have found some R's with good prices, it all depends from what the cost will be to bring it here and register it.

thank you again

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
Alarm is not standard in "ze germany". It was available as option only.
Really? That's really bizarre - do you have a very low car crime rate over there or something?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Yes, only as option for about 300 something euros. The funny thing is all the interior acoustic sensor are already in place. Maybe it just lacks the alarm ECU and that will it make work.

I wouldn't say the car theft rate is low in Germany. To the opposite, I'd say it is on the rise. But this applies to german cars only. Still I'm more worried to park my "low-profile for car thefts" RCZ in german urban area than in urban area of e.g. Poland. It is strange how this perception changed within only few years.
Here in Germany hardly anyone appreciate Peugeot. Most of the people still hang to the holy trinity of benzes, beemers and audis. Good for me as I can ride under radar!

And by the way, no one reacts over here to a howling car alarm. It also tells me a bit about the "community of people" over here.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I have another question for you R owners.

The white colour on R is the opal white like all the rcz's?
because i saw somewhere on the net that it is the only non metalic colour of the 4 that you can choose from.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Yes, the opal white was the only no-extra cost, non-metallic paint for the R

jr4070

Reaction score
My R does not have the NG 4 or the JBL. My previous 156 GT did. I think the JBL is worth finding or retro fitting as the quality of sound is improved. My systems blue tooth also has an increasead latency between changing tracks from my phone.. That said, it appears much slower on the USB as well.
All still very useable but different from my early GT.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Yes but whats the difference exactly with the jbl?
just better speakers?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
when picking the JBL option you get the following:

10 channel amp with 240 watts
2 pcs mid-high range tweeters
2 bass speakers
2 rear speakers

why the amp provides 10 channels for driving 6 speakers knows JBL only :lol:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
it seems that bringing an r here costs half an r more so the dream will stay a dream at least for now

Thanks everyone for the help