What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Look out SUBARU BRZ on it's way.

A

Anonymous

Hi Guy's :wave:

No real gossip or news on this forum this month apart from zombie 1066 who has just fitted a Ruffer back box :clap:
Its been a few weeks and i do keep checking the forum,but August are quiet family day's and all that,in my case seeing the children on the weekend,still love to see their faces when they see the RCZ turn up,William who's just 8 loves the rear seat,admittedly the only one small enough to fit in,but his little seat and would not swap for the world,Bethan 12 who's idle is Lady GA GA :wtf:must have the window down and music volume up,i did try the Sex Pistol's and Nirvana but apparently its not cool.

Anyway some members appear to slate the gearbox on the 200(THP),okay how do you respond,well previous car Mk5 Golf Gti and prior to that a Scoobie STi (uk spec) in my opinion both inferior,the box ratio's on the RCZ is superb one of its positive factors,take each gear to just under the red line and change up,bang on the power band each time ratio's and short throw is excellent,drive a TT,GOLF GTI or similar running gear,you will know exactly what i mean.

Not going into the ride quality of the 200(THP) done and dusted,its crude harsh,destroy's the RCZ superb chassis,can you imagine a proper sorted damping to complement this car it would win the competition with handling alone,much prefer the 156(THP) setting,but may be resolved in future development.:eusa-think:

Well we can all rest easy now,its been confirmed on this forum that there is no revamp due for the 2012 year model,big shame and in my opinion such a wasted opportunity as i did want to look forward to a slightly enhanced version as i still rate the RCZ enough to purchase another,but to be honest with the new TOYOTA..FT/86 and SUBARU BRZ including non coupe's such as the new Audi A3,new Mk7 Golf,(can mention another half dozen),reality and common sense dictate's the RCZ appeal will hinder slightly during the forthcoming year and i do sadly feel the competition will be 2 strong and when the Japanese promises a mean machine they deliver.
I know you member's probably will not agree i still think Peugeot could have supplied a 2012 model launch say in March with all the negative factor's ironed out ie..front end,cabin sound issues and that rock hard no compromise suspension,i for one would have ordered another but not prepared to hang onto my current 200(thp) for another 12 months as so many exciting brands on the horizon.
I also agree the RCZ deserves to win the coupe of the year,(in certain magazine's),but against some fairly dated competition,only facelifting and engine mod's keep them fresh,i would not put a strong bet on the title being retained in 2012 with it's current specification :eusa-think:
Unless someone out there know's better.

Thanks guy's :thumbup: :eek: :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Re: THIS MONTH IS SO BORING.

Thanks Jactac,perhaps together we can motivate Peugeot to bring on the changes slightly earlier :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Re: THIS MONTH IS SO BORING.

I was over my local Peugeot / Citreon dealers a couple of weeks ago just browsing for a DS3 Sport for the wife and got talking to a couple of sales guys about the RCZ and the "changes " that should be looked at, it was amazing how quickly they agreed, they didnt try to defend any of the issues i brought up, in fact one of them actualy started picking faults himself, he was going around the RCZ in the showroom and tapping the plastic door trays and plastic steering column housing and muttering words like "poor" and "cheap". He may of thought i was about to pass over our RCZ for a DS3 and was trying to get my trust, but it was a strange way to show confidence in a product that you are selling. Its like saying "this one is crap so buy this instead" .

The other sales guy made the comment, "good thing it's a looker", obviously referring to the fact that the RCZ has managed to sell it's self on it's looks.

We left the dealer's without putting a deposit on the DS3, because i think that may just be a "looker" too. :eusa-think:

Which was a shame because the wife is dead keen on getting one and they are starting to grow on me a bit, i do like the grey , i think it's a simular colour to Shark and white could be a contender ?

My son's not too happy though because he usually ends up being given my "old" car which would of been the RCZ, so i cant see him wanting a DS3 instead of an RCZ when we've finished with it :lol:

Attachments

• Citroen-DS3-Offers.jpg
    Citroen-DS3-Offers.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,929
  • 2936338413_1_7.jpg
    2936338413_1_7.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,929
A

Anonymous

Dolanog,
your confusing me m8 changing the heading to this thread :crazy: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Jactac :wave:

Im not as impressed with the DS3 to be honest,it will not stand out as much as the RCZ and to be fair few cars do,and both companies will share components being sister companies.
However im waiting to November im expecting big thing's from both the new Toyota FT86 and in particular Subaru BRZ,already voted the (drift car) to own :eusa-think: not that i tend to drift much nowdays.But i do want a close look,rear wheel drive both 200bhp,Subaru will be enhanced,non turbo's,low co2,and Yamaha tuned for maximum economy and power,you can guess it will be on the button and the Jap's have picked up so well on build quality,you will not hear about the constant squeak's rattles we now expect from the RCZ.

I now feel my RCZ is second hand still only 9k,it drive's feel's harsh,the engine rattle is doing my head in,the exhaust baffle rattles as if there is a loose component inside,wing-mirrors sounds like Amy Whinehouse on a bad gig,two seperate rattles in the dash,but will not go on it's becoming rather sad.

But im still very positive,i love so many thing's about it,but im now (SO) frustrated,i can see the RCZ is in for a tough year in 2012,and the same issues and negative's will remain for another 12 months plus,as i said on the above topic Peugeot have really messed this one up,such a great concept,and buyers such as myself would have payed a premium on this car as its look's will appeal to all,but it's internal faults will be its downfall.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Jactac,im just waiting for the Peugeot bosses to pick up on the Subaru BRZ so they can come out of their comfort zone,and sort that bloody RCZ out so i can buy another,but then again i think im knocking my head against the preverbial brick wall i expect,
your's well and truly pi***ed off :cry:

A

Anonymous

I think we are all going to need to shout a lot louder than some of us are or just let our feet do the talking, cos theres lots of nice other dealerships out there to walk around on a sunday afternoon :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
Jactac :wave:

Im not as impressed with the DS3 to be honest,it will not stand out as much as the RCZ and to be fair few cars do,and both companies will share components being sister companies.
However im waiting to November im expecting big thing's from both the new Toyota FT86 and in particular Subaru BRZ,already voted the (drift car) to own :eusa-think: not that i tend to drift much nowdays.But i do want a close look,rear wheel drive both 200bhp,Subaru will be enhanced,non turbo's,low co2,and Yamaha tuned for maximum economy and power,you can guess it will be on the button and the Jap's have picked up so well on build quality,you will not hear about the constant squeak's rattles we now expect from the RCZ.

I now feel my RCZ is second hand still only 9k,it drive's feel's harsh,the engine rattle is doing my head in,the exhaust baffle rattles as if there is a loose component inside,wing-mirrors sounds like Amy Whinehouse on a bad gig,two seperate rattles in the dash,but will not go on it's becoming rather sad.

But im still very positive,i love so many thing's about it,but im now (SO) frustrated,i can see the RCZ is in for a tough year in 2012,and the same issues and negative's will remain for another 12 months plus,as i said on the above topic Peugeot have really messed this one up,such a great concept,and buyers such as myself would have payed a premium on this car as its look's will appeal to all,but it's internal faults will be its downfall.

Yeah i was a bit concerned that both Peugeot and Citroen share the same parts, then again i guess that a lot of marques do, it's just that other manufactures may use better quality parts and put them together better.
I'm trying to get more miles under my bum with the RCZ, but i could still so easily be swayed to sell it if the price was right or even do a part ex if something caught my eye.
I totaly agree with the feeling of it being "second hand", so soon.
That new car feeling has totaly diminished and i've only done 1100 miles !
The squeak's, bumps, rattles and knocks have not helped at all in my feeling that this car is sold on looks rather than quality, however i'm going to stick with it for a few months at least, but i'm in no doubt that in 2012 we will see a different car on the drive at the jactac household.

To the annoyance of my son, the wife now grabs for the keys of his Astra before the keys of the RCZ. Now that cannot be a good outlook for the RCZ when someone would prefer to drive a 2006 Astra before a 2011 RCZ.

Looks like we may be having another stroll this sunday around the dealerships. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Im hanging on to the RCZ either way to March 2012,by then we should have test reports on the new coupe's from Japan,and perhaps we will learn some more facts on any proposed changes for the RCZ,intresting to learn about the open top :eusa-think: possible summer launch 2012,or will Peugeot hang on to 2013.

FGRob

Reaction score
dolanog said:
Im hanging on to the RCZ either way to March 2012,by then we should have test reports on the new coupe's from Japan,and perhaps we will learn some more facts on any proposed changes for the RCZ,intresting to learn about the open top :eusa-think: possible summer launch 2012,or will Peugeot hang on to 2013.
The FT 86 isn't going to be around until 2nd quarter 2012, I've already got my name down for the first test drive, as for the convertable - don't hold your breath on that one, as I've said before, it's been made for well over a year and it's just to expensive, Magna are the best at producing these types of folding roof system and even they could not make it cost effective.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rob :thumbup:
I can see 2012 is going to be a good year for coupe's,regardless what your vehicle choice may be.

I must not be 2 judgemental on Peugeot,as this stunning coupe(delete front end) is affordable to the masses and is priced to sell which no doubt it is and will,however im very concerned regarding the rattles and issues on my RCZ with just 9k on the clock,i consider myself an average careful driver and my RCZ is not mechanically abused in the least,but the simple answer is,its priced to sell quickly,if i want perfection then pay a further premium and go German or possibly Japanese :eusa-shhh:

So in other word's i have just answered my own question. :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
dolanog said:
Hi Guy's :wave:

No real gossip or news on this forum this month apart from zombie 1066 who has just fitted a Ruffer back box :clap:

Thanks for the recognition for doing the exhaust :thumbup: Stay tuned as more stuff to be done to the car as I am too much of a piston head to leave it alone :twisted:

A

Anonymous

In the absence of the anticipated 210bhp arriving i was looking at Superchips,they have now developed an upgrade for the ECU for the 200(THP),to develop 233bhp,hope fact's are correct :eusa-think:

They use local agent's in my case Mosley's in LLandeilo (west wales),if i was purchasing another rcz,i would upgrade,but due to the uncertanty of 2012 with what car to drive,as Peugeot are apparently not upgrading it's RCZ :thumbdown:,will leave Ecu alone,but if you have not dealt with Superchips in past i can recommend :thumbup: as they have been in the tuning buisness since the bad old day's with the cossie's and i have used them for 20 years with various car's and they will have agent's close to your addresses :thumbup: