What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Long shot? Black R

Johnny7

Reaction score
Hi all, I would be joining at some point but thought I would try the forum in my search for what I want. I can be patient(maybe I have to be) as I'm after a black RCZ R so if anyone knows of one coming up for sale give us a shout. I was going to go for a 200 but the R really ticks all the boxes for me.
Previous history: (30 years!) MG Metro, Alfa Cloverleaf Sprint, 405SRI, R19 16V, Alfa 156, 156SW, Alfa GTQ2(current)

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well being the owner of the R I can say I know what you mean, BUT I can also say, don't dismiss the other RCZ models.
I have also owned a 200 GT and that car more than exceeded my expectations.
Owners of the 156 model who have had them remapped, will also tell you that they are excellent too and can match the 200.

The story here is....
If you see one that ticks all your boxes, then don't overlook it purely because it is not the R.

Good luck with your search and hope once you find your gem, that you post on here to update us all.

If you feel like sharing more than a quick picture, then we do have meets through the year where we have a natter and drive and usually end up having a meal too.
But either way we're a friendly bunch, so ask if you need to etc.
Cheers M [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Johnny7

Reaction score
Hi
With me it's not so much about the power as how they were engineered( or "re-engineered") for each variant. One advantage for the 200 is you can modify it a lot more to get it how you want it compared to an R which doesn't need much or anything doing to it. Asphalts are nice but keeping the paint that way would be an issue.
Whether I end with a 200 or an R I don't think there's anything else on the market that compares (I need FWD for winter).

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Good luck with the hunt! Looking at your car history you will be happy with the R.

ChrisS

Reaction score
Not for sale but love my (black) R! Highly recommended! Red one and white in auto trader atm, have to say the red is also gorgeous as a colour.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
One of the best if you want to show off the curves and get a nice deep shine :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
One of the best if you want to show off the curves and get a nice deep shine :thumbup:
Yes that's one thing I miss with my white car, though you can still get a fab shine with the help of secret ingredient Fusso99.
It pails into the shade of the Moroccan red or the pearl black.
Do like the finish now, but hey it's nearly a year old.

Rob8781

Reaction score
Johnny7 said:
Hi
With me it's not so much about the power as how they were engineered( or "re-engineered") for each variant. One advantage for the 200 is you can modify it a lot more to get it how you want it compared to an R which doesn't need much or anything doing to it. Asphalts are nice but keeping the paint that way would be an issue.
Whether I end with a 200 or an R I don't think there's anything else on the market that compares (I need FWD for winter).

I have an Asphalt. Don't let the paint put you off, it's the best bit about the car! I use the autoglym recommended products and I'm more than pleased. Car is parked outside and driven daily. Link to the autoglym care guide below.

https://www.autoglym.com/blog/2017/01/16/caring-for-matt-and-satin-paint-finishes/

Good luck with your search!

Johnny7

Reaction score
Yeeeehah!
Right car, good price. Fly down Monday, pick up Tuesday
Email search alert today at 8.17am, reserved by 9.15am
If you snooze, you lose

Was tempted by the thought of an Asphalt and another motorbike but I have 4 bikes at the moment anyway.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
So what did you reserve ?
An asphalt or the 200, or what you originally said a R.

Johnny7

Reaction score
No, I've got a black R with 36k on the clock for just under 12K
Going down to Stevenage to get it, they could have sold 4 times over with the amount of interest they've had so I didn't hang about.
Welcome to the club!
Cheers
John

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's crazy my son just told me this morning that he seen a black RCZ R for under 12k with 36k on the clock.
Same one lol !!
That's ridiculously cheap.

Welcome to the club, you'll love the RCZ and be blown away with the performance of the R.

Good luck and happy days !

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Johnny7 said:
No, I've got a black R with 36k on the clock for just under 12K
Going down to Stevenage to get it, they could have sold 4 times over with the amount of interest they've had so I didn't hang about.
Welcome to the club!
Cheers
John
LGN welcomes another Negra. :clap:

Attachments

• LGNrelaxed.jpg
    LGNrelaxed.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,774

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Go on Stewie I dare you to just give her a push !!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you found yourself a great buy there :clap: welcome to the club :thumbup: