What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

London T-charge for filthy polluting RCZ THP 156

ianGT156

Reaction score
I live nowhere near London and am as enthusiastic about driving there as I am in driving to Aleppo in Syria.

However, I was curious when I saw a website for TFL (Transport for London) to check if your vehicle is subject to the new £10 extra charge per day.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissions-surcharge/compliance-checker

I wasn't totally surprised to see that my 2013 THP 156 would be subject to the charge.

"Thank you for using the T-Charge checker. Your vehicle is subject to the T-Charge ... The reason you are subject to the T-Charge is because your vehicle does not meet the Euro 4 / IV standard".

Then I got curious about other cars and was somewhat surprised to see that a similarly aged Mini Cooper isn't subject to the charge. I guessed that BMW must have made some mods to the Prince engine.

I tried a few more.. a 2015 RCZ reg I found also isn't subject to the charge. Now that's very odd, I thought. I haven't read about any engine modifications ever to the original engines, except of course, the addition of the "R".

Then I had another idea. Instead of entering my personal plate, RCZ2820, I entered it's original reg, NX13LAE. Wahey!! It didn't use to be liable for it. I presume my new number plates must ooze NOx and copious amounts of nasty particulate matter.

My personal plate would cost me £50 a week extra to drive into London, courtesy of some shitty database that they use. My new reg is now recognised by every other website I've tried. Insurance companies, DVLA, Amazon, Car component companies, Peugeot themselves and others.

Isn't that just marvellous? I don't care though, I don't live there. But do you and are you aware of this potential ripoff?

It's the weekend and it's the first one I've not had to work for a month :dance: :beer: :D

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is not subject to the T charge, apparently.

Although like you I'd rather contract syphilis than go to London.
I'm happy sticking to boring, not a terrorist target Grimsby.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Yay! If I did live in London, I wouldn’t have to pay, with either registrations my car has had :eusa-think:

ianGT156

Reaction score
Thanks Iain and DKZ,

I thought it would be because of the xxZ nnnn format. To quote the DVLA...

"These registrations are dateless and can be assigned to any appropriate vehicle registered within mainland Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

But DKZ, yours proves me wrong. It must just be lame arse politicians who can't be bothered to do a job properly. Perhaps their actual ANPR cameras access a proper database?

I used to find work as a Freelance Computer Analyst/Programmers via agencies. Back in the olden days I used to print off lots of CVs and covering letters and do a mini mass snail mail to about twelve agencies. When I bought my first PC (an Amstrad PC1512) in 1986 I computerised this tedious job.

Agencies constantly phoned me up about potential contracts in London. I got seriously hacked off with this and added this to my covering letter. I really did!

"I will consider contracts for anywhere in the world but I will not consider any in London". There were of course idiots (from London?) that couldn't understand this and phoned me anyway.

Now where can I go and get syphilis Iain? :mrgreen:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm a bit upset at the London bashing.
OK, I buggered off to Spain on retirement and even on getting married scarpered off into mid-Essex, but I still feel deep down, a Lun'n'ner.
I am the first to admit it ain't what it used to be, and much of the city I would not recognise, but it does have some things going for it still.
Admittedly, based on our experiences, now twelve years past, there were good things, like the West End for shows, much of central London for grub from all round the world and many of the landmarks worth a visit.
It was even possible to drive through to see the Christmas lights before we emigrated.
Driving in any major city these days is a nightmare, so go easy on that criticism.
The congestion charge and the latest pollution addition is a nasty vindictive attack by politicians and I, cynically, believe them to be revenue earners, like most other penalties the motorist suffers.
Despite my upbringing on the edge of the East End of London, I have embraced the North and my son and family are totally integrated as Yorkshire folk, daughter-in-law and family being from there, and grandchildren born there also.
And then, as it happened, boyo, wife's family are from the valleys in South Wales, so I am Welsh by marriage, isn't it, look you, tidy!
Daughter, son-in-law and that half of the family are in the North of Madrid, so we cope with an International spread of our progeny.
I am sure you are not negative toward the foreign members of the RCZ community, so be a bit softer toward your own capital, eh?
I don't think any one of us choose where we are born!
Peace! :cool:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I agree about city centres, all of them to be avaoided at all costs.
I recently found myself facing oncoming traffic at lights in the centre of Manchester. My sat nav had advised I should take the right hand lane, the problem was, there were 3 lanes, it meant the centre lane as the right hand lane was for traffic coming towards us. Oops - my bad.

As far as progeny go,

My eldest, a born & bred Yorkshire lad, has CHOSEN to go south & now lives & works in London. I thought I had brought him up better than that :(

My youngest works in Doncaster, but he is looking to move southwards, although a little further - South Coast if it works out for him.

My step son - going with the international theme, now lives and works in Vietnam, having left home 4 years ago, living in Oz then Thailand, and now Vietnam.

My step Daughter is the really sensible one. She is manager of Cafe Nero in WAKEFIELD !!! Keep it local :clap:

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi, I recently registered to visit Antwerp they say my RCZ 200 ( 2012 ) on a private plate is Euro 5 so Ok. Checked for London and Ok there also. :thumbup: So for you it is odd.