What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

logging in

A

Anonymous

Why do I have to constantly log in despite having ticked the "log me in automatically each visit" box?

A

Anonymous

Where do you log in from? If it is a work computer it may be that your IT security does not allow "cookies" to be saved? That can mean that your PC does not store the login info when you return to a site. I get this on my work PC but if I login from my iPad or iPhone then I don't have this problem. I am no expert but that was info I was given.

A

Anonymous

I only ever log in from my own home laptop, so what you quite rightly suggest should not be an issue. What happens is the boxes are already filled in with my username and password but I feel that have ticked the box it should "know" me from the start and I should not have to log in.

A

Anonymous

I assume you click on the "logout" button when you have finished your session on the forum? That will require you to log back in on your next visit. If you just close the browser rather than click on logout you will be remembered the next session and should not have to login again. See if that works for you...

A

Anonymous

No I never click on the log out. I simply close down the computer at the end of the session.

RCZ1

Reaction score
You're not supposed to do that though are you Ron. You should always logout and never have the Log me in automatically set just in case someone steals your computer / laptop. They could then access any site you visit and find out further information about you, Internet banking maybe, etc, etc

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You're not supposed to do that though are you Ron. You should always logout and never have the Log me in automatically set just in case someone steals your computer / laptop. They could then access any site you visit and find out further information about you, Internet banking maybe, etc, etc

I imagine they would have to log in to your PC first though to get to that info? Most housebreakers are just after a PC to wipe and sell on clean rather than info theives but you are right in what you say, we should really log off. Anyway, this problem that Ron is having has gone beyond my computer skills. Can't be of further help on this matter!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I guess not. But as I have a major issue with memory/recall it is essential for me to be able to utilise such systems. The risk of loosing my laptop is remote as I never take it out of the house. As that would almost certainly lead to me leaving it somewhere. It doesn't log me out every time just often enough for me to remember that it keeps doing so. Fortunately for for me all I have to do is re tick the remember me box and then click the log me in button, as it auto fills the details for me. I only asked the question as to ascertain if it did the same to other members or to obtain a fix.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
I have the same issues when logging on in that despite ticking the box saying remember me .

What I do not understand is when I first joined it worked perfect, Question to site Admin is there anything at your end that can affect this? or is it something in our settings?

Hatman

Reaction score
Windows 7 automatic
XP Log in everytime
Same with iPad2 & iPhon3GS
is the results from Hatman

A

Anonymous

never have to log back in, just click the x top right corner to close the browser and thats it. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I don't think this is a forum issue but more related to browsers and their settings.

Obviously if you log out you will have to log back in. Also if you log on through another computer/mobile, it may log you out of the previous one.

Depending on the browser I use, my settings are different. On one everytime I log out it will delete all my cookies and I have to log in to every site again which is more secure. On the other browser all my details are saved.

The fact your user name and password are pre-entered is your browser again, it's probably set to auto complete your forms. This is not a function of the site.

Sorry I can't shed any more light on this one.