What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Locked - Tinted Lights thread - Why?

A

Anonymous

Any reason why this submission by WAYNESH, is locked, preventing further comment ? I only ask as I would like to enquire as to point of this 'Mod'.

A

Anonymous

Re: Tinted Lights

MEvans said:
Any reason why this submission by WAYNESH, is locked, preventing further comment ? I only ask as I would like to enquire as to point of this 'Mod'.
I did ask that very question. The answer was simply, "it's just styling and making it a bit different to others" I have never noticed previously such personalisation of any car in the way we do with our RCZs. It was not easy to spot two identical cars out of the 60+ at the Pug HQ meet. Individualism is a great thing and shows how we all love our RCZs :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Looks like a certain person has complained about it!!

A

Anonymous

adele said:
Looks like a certain person has complained about it!!
Well not I. If that is what you think Adele. The thread did seem to turn into an advert after "Matt" registered and immediately posted his website link alongside the forum name that he chose. Information and members sharing their experiences are good. Members discussing purchases and the merits of this and that product, however I personally do not want to see blatant advertising of products or services by suppliers. But I have no idea as to who locked it or why.

A

Anonymous

I would also like to know.

Products or services by suppliers should be allowed to be listed to benefit members. Enough is advertised or mentioned where cleaning products used.

Hatman

Reaction score

race0360 said:
I would also like to know.

Products or services by suppliers should be allowed to be listed to benefit members. Enough is advertised or mentioned where cleaning products used.

Reading between the lines, it's a sponsorship thing. Sites cost money to run & this is a free forum. Correct me if I am wrong.

A

Anonymous

Ok matty posted a link to spi vision, which also gave a link to vosa and mot regulations etc, it did not contain any price information etc. it was just an information site as this is a new product to the uk. I think spi vision should remove our car from their forum now, Peugeot don't deserve to have to have this model on show, after all this is also advertising on that forum.

Hatman

Reaction score

adele said:
Ok matty posted a link to spi vision, which also gave a link to vosa and mot regulations etc, it did not contain any price information etc. it was just an information site as this is a new product to the uk. I think spi vision should remove our car from their forum now, Peugeot don't deserve to have to have this model on show, after all this is also advertising on that forum.

It would be a great shame to do that, I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. Mods?

A

Anonymous

Personally im gutted about the way my tread & others people have been treated . Yes i wanted to show my car to everyone & thought others may like to see it. It may be to some peoples taste, but may be not for others. Obviously there was alot of questions regarding the legality of the headlights, so i asked Matt (spi vision installer) who did the lights, if he would mind joining the forum to offer some help & advise as he is the professional. Matt does not work for Spi vision as he accually works for his self, he just fits the stuff. i feel that in trying to add pictures, comments & the chance of advice from a professional window / light tinting person to set others minds at rest, & if they were thinking of doing anythink similar, not with Matt, but any tinting company Matt would give his professional advice. all this seems to have done is to cause me fustration & anoyance. I thought this was the idea of a forum, you know, to show off your pride & joy, (even if its not to other peoples taste), to share & give information to try & help each other, & not to have friends kicked off the forum or wifes suspended from the forum, because we share the same IP address. Not impressed with some people on the site, if its not for you, fair enough, but i do not see the point of putting blunt opinions, but to all those with positive thoughts, no matter if you like the pics, or not, thanks for showing your intrest & support. Thanks waynesh

A

Anonymous

Waynesh said:
& not to have friends kicked off the forum or wifes suspended from the forum, because we share the same IP address. Not impressed with some people on the site, if its not for you, fair enough, but i do not see the point of putting blunt opinions, but to all those with positive thoughts, no matter if you like the pics, or not, thanks for showing your intrest & support. Thanks waynesh
Wow some reaction.
That is what personalising your car does. It provokes a reaction, generally. Some will like, others won't but the majority won't notice. For me it merely a case of I wouldn't want to risk reducing the effectiveness of either front or rear lights. But for younger members with better eyesight than me then it would be all about the looks. My previous marque car had a black insert inside the front lens and I preferred that to the basic headlamp unit that was all chrome. So I can see where you are coming from with the mod :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Waynesh

I totally agree with your feelings and comments.

I think its about time the site moderator step in to clear up this matter. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

thank you. i have sent a couple of PM's regarding why has my tread been locked & also regarding member suspensions & being permantley remove. I am awaiting a reply.

A

Anonymous

Waynesh said:
thank you. i have sent a couple of PM's regarding why has my tread been locked & also regarding member suspensions & being permantley remove. I am awaiting a reply.

IF DONT ASK YOU WONT GET AS THEY SAY WAYNE i dont know who is banned or suspended :shock: but wayne its only a forum at the end of day :thumbup: your car will be admired on the road or were ever parked :cool: :cool: :cool: storm in a tea cup :lol:

A

Anonymous

very true, but may be it would be nice to be consaulted if your thread is going to be locked & an explination why. cheers

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
Waynesh

I totally agree with your feelings and comments.

I think its about time the site moderator step in to clear up this matter. :helpme:

Thanks we apriciate your comments :beer:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
MEvans said:
I did ask that very question. The answer was simply, "it's just styling and making it a bit different to others" I have never noticed previously such personalisation of any car in the way we do with our RCZs. It was not easy to spot two identical cars out of the 60+ at the Pug HQ meet. Individualism is a great thing and shows how we all love our RCZs :thumbup:
why would writing "it's just styling and making it a bit different to others" warrent the thread being locked. I have no idea. I think it was more likly that someone has complained to the forum. Otherwise why would you have galleries & modification sections on the forum.

A

Anonymous

The content of the thread was not the issue. As always you are welcome to discuss anything also long as you abide by the forum rules.

Unfortunately there are those who don't and this resulted in the thread being locked. Contrary to the information above, the thread started was notified about his actions. As it appears they also wish to make this very public by their posts above I should inform users that numerous posters (at least 3) all with an interest in the supplying company were all posting on the thread under different user names. Users posting as customers and recommending the products which they have a commercial interest is not fair to users and we cannot condone the kind of advertising on this site.

As mentioned above, regularly products are mentioned and promoted on this site but usually by people who simply wish to recommend (or not sometimes) the products, give advice or simply share their experiences. Others however simply plug products to generate traffic and interest for their own benefit. If we feel the products will be of interest to users we allow the posts to stay within reason. Others who wish to more actively promote products, sponsor the forum and this allows us to continue to operate.

The above product was clearly of interest and therefore posts were allowed to continue. However when 50% of the posts are from the same party and this is not clear to users, some questions have to be asked.

I have unlocked the topic as there is clearly an interest but as with any forum, buyer beware.

A

Anonymous

Quite simply why didn't anyone ask me from the administration side of the forum rather than taking the action that they did

A

Anonymous

tonyrcz said:
...I should inform users that numerous posters (at least 3) all with an interest in the supplying company were all posting on the thread under different user names.
Users posting as customers and recommending the products which they have a commercial interest is not fair to users and we cannot condone the kind of advertising on this site.

tonyrcz said:
However when 50% of the posts are from the same party and this is not clear to users, some questions have to be asked.

Good explanation Tony and the action taken fully warranted :clap:
You can't have the Promoter / Supplier of a product having family / friends "big up" the product in a way that would certainly have mis-led me without the additional information above :thumbdown: