What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Living with the RCZ

FGRob

Reaction score
I thought I would just pass a few comments since picking up my 156 GT last week. :geek:

The first one relates to the heated seats, I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but 90% of the time I get in the car I manage to switch the heated seats on to full :eek: :eek: - hey they work quick and by god they don't half make your bum hot :eek: :eek: Not sure what the solution is but be interested to hear if any one else has this problem.

Secondly, how / where do you jack the car up, from what I understand there is no jack supplied - not even a brace :? So where is the official jacking point and what type of jack are you supposed to use.

I have also notice there is a different dash layout as well, on my GT there is a small display window for your trip computer fitted between the speedo and rev counter, I've just noticed on "rasper" photo that the display window is twice the size, is this the difference between the 156 and 200 or diesel.

Driving wise the car is spot on, completed approx 200 miles now, on a steady run it's running around the 50 mpg at 70mph :thumbup: which even surprised me, at 56 mph it was returning 74 mpg going down to 65 mpg on small inclines - not bad. The car feels very flat around the bends with hardly any body roll so you can push it and still feel very safe, steering is sharpe which makes the car feel very responsive, overall a truely fantastic car to drive. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Any way I though I would just pass on a few comments - while my backside cools down :oops: :oops: :lol:

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Rob

I'm afraid I can't answer any of your questions for you. However, I'm pleased to see that you are enjoying it and that the mpg and the handling are indeed very good.

Hope someone else can sort out your queries very soon. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Think I read on another thread that the larger display between speedo and rev counter is a feature of the optional sat nav.

Can't find the thread again though to add a reference.

Can anyone else confirm?

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
I thought I would just pass a few comments since picking up my 156 GT last week. :geek:

The first one relates to the heated seats, I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but 90% of the time I get in the car I manage to switch the heated seats on to full :eek: :eek: - hey they work quick and by god they don't half make your bum hot :eek: :eek: Not sure what the solution is but be interested to hear if any one else has this problem.

Secondly, how / where do you jack the car up, from what I understand there is no jack supplied - not even a brace :? So where is the official jacking point and what type of jack are you supposed to use.

I have also notice there is a different dash layout as well, on my GT there is a small display window for your trip computer fitted between the speedo and rev counter, I've just noticed on "rasper" photo that the display window is twice the size, is this the difference between the 156 and 200 or diesel.

Driving wise the car is spot on, completed approx 200 miles now, on a steady run it's running around the 50 mpg at 70mph :thumbup: which even surprised me, at 56 mph it was returning 74 mpg going down to 65 mpg on small inclines - not bad. The car feels very flat around the bends with hardly any body roll so you can push it and still feel very safe, steering is sharpe which makes the car feel very responsive, overall a truely fantastic car to drive. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Any way I though I would just pass on a few comments - while my backside cools down :oops: :oops: :lol:

Rob.

Hi Rob,

1) Heated Seat - havent managed to do that in 5000 miles :wtf:

2) Page 164/165 in handbook shows jacking points etc

3) So far I have only seen the small/large displays as follows so far : large - cars with NG4 , small - cars without NG4 :eusa-think: will have to look at all the cars we have on site tommorrow to satisfy my curiosity as it could be a pot luck thing depending on when the car is built!!

Hope this helps !

Marcus

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZGT200 said:
Hi Rob,

1) Heated Seat - havent managed to do that in 5000 miles :wtf:

2) Page 164/165 in handbook shows jacking points etc

3) So far I have only seen the small/large displays as follows so far : large - cars with NG4 , small - cars without NG4 :eusa-think: will have to look at all the cars we have on site tommorrow to satisfy my curiosity as it could be a pot luck thing depending on when the car is built!!

Hope this helps !

Marcus
Hi Marcus.

To answer your questions:

1. Must be because I have short legs :lol: :lol:
2. Yep I've seen that - so where's the jack and brace :!: Do you have to buy one, also can you use a trolley jack, if so where are the jacking points for that.
3. Rasper has the bigger display but he's only ordered the sports pack. Could it be engine related?

Thanks
Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob,

When Peugeot supply cars with the inflation system they dont supply a jack/wheel brace! :eek: I'm sure you can get then from the parts department but i've never been asked by a customer.....

I would be very careful about using a trolly jack - did you see the "day from hell" thread - not good! I would ask your dealer to pop yours up on the ramps so they can show you the safe places.

Im going to check the cars we have on site tommorow for the large/small display thing, i've got all the specs and engines in the car park! Will let you know what i find!

Marcus

A

Anonymous

I have checked all the cars on site.

Standard Sport's & GT 156 & 163 HDi get small screen.

Standard GT 200 gets the big screen.

Havent got an NG4 car here at the moment to check that but initially it seems to be linked to engine.

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
I have checked all the cars on site.

Standard Sport's & GT 156 & 163 HDi get small screen.

Standard GT 200 gets the big screen.

Havent got an NG4 car here at the moment to check that but initially it seems to be linked to engine.

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I believe the car is a standard 156 with a sports pack added and no sat nav, so I don't think it's engine linked.

My GT 200 has the bigger screen with no sat nav .... but sports pack comes as standard on the 200 .... it must be sat nav or sports pack linked.

Hope I'm correct :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hey mate sounds like you're gonna have to get in from the passengers side to miss the buttons ha!

Coming in late on this thread but thank you for your comments, especially the jacking bit. I see Marcus mentions an inflation system?? must check this out tomorrow when I pick my girl up yippee!!

Have fun

Greg