What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Limp mode with code P1161 , P3010 , P2102

BeyondxB

Reaction score
Hi there,

My 2011 THP 156 went into limp mode last week and gave me these codes on my American-spec scanner (the codes show up as BMW codes).

P1161 M52: Engine oil temperature sensor circuit
P3010 HO2S 2 Bank 1 Input too low after cold start
P2102 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circult Low

Brought it to a local garage in Scotland and their diagnostics came back similar, says it needs a new throttle body unit and also a rocker panel cover because of a visible oil leak.

What I want to ask is, are third party replacements suitable? Or should I order OEM from Peugeot and wait.

I see a few different brands of throttle body in stock for £125 while OEM (VEMO?) is £300 and also out of stock.

Thanks in advance!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Can’t help with the throttle bodies but the valve covers seem to be a common issue and it sounds like it’s a matter of how carefully the new cover is installed compared to weather it’s genuine or not.

Pedro

Reaction score
The codes you have are they relating to the N series of Mini engines?
These don't correlate to the Peugeot systems ?
The Throttle Body code came up as a wiring issue its strange you can drive the car with the throttle Knackered ?
Oil temp sensor is usually/can also be associated with oil level sensor fault
Bank I fault can also be picked up on the upstream Lamda sensor signalling a fueling issue so just might be the Throttle or a poss Electrical system fault

BeyondxB

Reaction score
Hi Pedro thanks for the input. I brough to a garage and they replaced the throttle body sensor and the rocker panel cover, that got rid of most of the codes.

But the intake leaking code came backout. Temperture guage stays at 70º, engine fan comes on full blast as soon as I start the car.

I'm hoping it's the £15 temperature sensor, and not the entire housing. But is there a way for the garage to pinpoint the issue?

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi Pedro thanks for the input. I brough to a garage and they replaced the throttle body sensor and the rocker panel cover, that got rid of most of the codes.

But the intake leaking code came backout. Temperture guage stays at 70º, engine fan comes on full blast as soon as I start the car.

I'm hoping it's the £15 temperature sensor, and not the entire housing. But is there a way for the garage to pinpoint the issue?
The temp sensors on nearly all the Z variants were a known failure a majority were recalled to rectify the problem I can't recollect if they also recalled another coolant issue with the housing where the sensor sits but fan on & Temp gauge reading high/low is possibly the sensor a scanner will/should pick up the ECU signal Engine Temp/coolant fault if the sensor is failing & the fan is usually triggered off that sensor mainly because the ECU thinks the Engine is about to overheat

BeyondxB

Reaction score
I've gone and bought the entire thermostat housing, turns out it wasn't too much more.

But now there's a new code P2279. Intake Air Leak.

The mechanic used a smoke machine and found the breather pipe has cracked and needs to be replaced.

Can't seem to find anyone selling them online. Going to call up Peugeot to see how much an original is.