What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Light at the end of the tunnel

A

Anonymous

:dance:
Just received a call from mydealer this morning to say that my Pearl White GTHDi has arrived in the country today, he has now called for it to be delivered in 2-3 days :clap:
The transfer of number plate,tax and insurance will depend on DVLA but hopefully take delivery at the weekend if Swansea dont cause delays :eusa-whistle:

I have been waiting since May, :sleeping-yellow: so to have my RCZ has been a dream for a while now :happy-wavemulticolor:

My salesman will be so pleased to end my regualr calls, but he has been brilliant :thumbup: in a difficult situation :brickwall:

Not too many more sleeps to wait :beer:

Photos hopefully next week to be posted :lol:

A

Anonymous

O cool David really pleased for you.

Enjoy it mate :thumbup:

Greg

A

Anonymous

Great news mate, hope all goes to plan and you have a great weekend.

A

Anonymous

The transfer of number plate,tax and insurance will depend on DVLA but hopefully take delivery at the weekend if Swansea dont cause delays :eusa-whistle:
:eusa-think:
Are you sure :crazy: my dealer is siting them as a point of delay.
Oh I get it! :eusa-whistle:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm also waiting for the number plate to be transferred but hopefully all of ours will be sorted very soon so we can all take delivery :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Update today, the car still hasnt arrived in Perth,it will be Tuesday next week,8 days to get from port to Scotland :wtf:

The dealer cant guarentee paperwork will be sorted, but aim to pick up Wednesday a full 4 months since ordered :crazy:

SURE IT IS DEFINATELY WORTH WAITING FOR, JUST FRUSTRATING :brickwall:

A

Anonymous

David.. I am sure I speak for quite a few on this forum..... YES it is worth waiting for.
Cheers JP

A

Anonymous

David ck said:
...a full 4 months since ordered :crazy:

SURE IT IS DEFINATELY WORTH WAITING FOR, JUST FRUSTRATING :brickwall:

I understand your frustration. Mine ordered in May too...build date not until October!!

Yours is soooo close...bear with it.

A

Anonymous

hhobit, what is it about your order that is being blamed for such a long lead time ? I thought mine was bad at 4 months wait.Spec:- Pearl White GT HDi, Anthracite Soltice alloys,vison pack.Smoked arches originally specified,which was later dropped from order as they are no longer an option.
I would be looking at some comp from Peugeot,I got first service free. Dealer also looking at compensating me with a gift too.
Due to collect next Wednesday

A

Anonymous

It's the smoked arches....everyone who originally ordered smoked arches has experienced severe delays.
In effect our original orders would have been cancelled and a new order placed. They could not amend the original order, so we were all bumped down to the bottom of the queue again. This, according to Peugeot UK, is down to the ordering process as controlled by Peugeot France and there was nothing they could do about it.
Yes I agree with you that this is wrong. Peugeot UK do not think this is a big deal (or are there too many of us to compensate ?).
I have made an official complaint - not resolved (in my opinion) to my liking. Peugeot UK passed the buck back to the dealer. Compensation? Well I haven't accepted any yet but so far I've been offered a set of mats or a free service.

I hope the "first service" they offered you for free isn't the 1000 mile one - that should be free anyway!!

I honestly think that Peugeot should deal with this - not the dealer, as its not the dealers fault- but they don't seem to care.

If you want to help pile pressure on Peugeot, give there "Customer Care" department a call on 0845 200 1234!!

Anyway, at least yours is in sight. More than mine is!
Kev

A

Anonymous

I suspected the smoked chrome arches were the reason,sad thing is that they would have been more of a contrast with my Pearl white ! The has been roumours it is going to be available again !
It is the big 2 year/20,000 mile service that Peugeot have given me,I did try my arm for a JBL upgrade to the sound system, but they were very adament and insist that delivery dates are not guarenteed.
The thing is, with a car as fantastic as ours, they can afford customer relation issues,I even said I would take my business elsewhere when buying a new car for my wife next month, but this didnt move their stance.
The dealer has lost out too, he agreed a price for my car 4months ago,and feels bad about my wait,so they have lined up a few sweetners for me too.
This hasnt been a good experience with Peugeot for me as a new customer after 10 years of excellent service from Mazda,but I am sure my car will be worth it.
Cheers,hope you dont wait too much longer,
Dave

A

Anonymous

David ck said:
The dealer has lost out too, he agreed a price for my car 4months ago,and feels bad about my wait,so they have lined up a few sweetners for me too.
This hasnt been a good experience with Peugeot for me as a new customer after 10 years of excellent service from Mazda,but I am sure my car will be worth it.

Same here with my dealer losing out (to a certain extent) as far as the part ex value is concerned.

My frustration at the delay is that I, as an existing Peugeot owner, cannot fault them when it comes to looking after customers as far as servicing is concerned. I've had my current 307cc since new and it's always been serviced by my local dealer. Both the dealer and Peugeot were fantastic when I had a recent (fairly major) problem with the car - and it was outside warranty. Peugeot paid for 95% of the bill - no negotiating. Its was simply them putting their hands up and saying this should never have happended even after 5 years, let alone after 3. I won't bore you with details.

So its a shame that their sales team let down the servicing team.

Enough moaning - still looking forward to getting the car eventually. :cool: