What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Let's be friendly .................

RCZ1

Reaction score
Just got to thinking about when I owned my Mini Cooper. It was part and parcel of ownership that when you saw another Mini on the road you flashed your lights and waved at each other. Obviously you got some drivers who did not participate in this bit of fun but on the whole it was greated with real enthusiasm. :D

Maybe us RCZ owners (or soon to be owners) could do this whenever we see another one on the road. What do you think? Is it a good idea or not. Just adds that little bit of fun to the whole RCZ ownership.

Lets have your thoughts :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Great idea...

I've not seen one on the road yet and lets face it they're not going to be exactly a common sight for the foreseeable future, so it's going to special to see another one.
Chances are the driver will be on here too. So let's say hello!!

A

Anonymous

I used to do this when I had an MR2, most people used to let on back. I agree that it's a great idea.

FGRob

Reaction score
We always do this in the Roadster Owners Club, but there a few more about and sometimes you do get a :? look back, :lol: I also did it in the IQ when it first came out but again you got the :? :eusa-whistle:

But yes was already going to do it in the RCZ any way, all I need to do is find another one :dance: :dance:

To be honest at the moment I might even stop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

A

Anonymous

This is the norm with a lot of models of cars. I think it shows you know a little bit about what you're driving and that is is something special.

A

Anonymous

They are so rare that I found myself doing it without thinking last week when I first saw a fellow owner. The reaction from the driver was instant and also flashed back as if to say "you too huh" ! :)

A

Anonymous

I would love to give a nod or a wave (but not in a fast hand waving type wave, you know the one !)
But as I have had my car 2 and a hlf months now, and still no singn of another RCZ . . . . the chance would be a fine thing :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Yes have always done this with my cars and used to do it with me special Alfa Brera.....til I went through a puddle right upto my middle and I never went there again...in fact I never saw my car again :cry: ...AA man took it to Alfa and they said the engine was blown and was going to cost £18K with the labour to replace so some nasty insurance man wrote it off!!

The good news is I've now got my RCZ which is so fab......have I ever told you how great she looks and the ride is amazing, blar blar drone drone :sleeping-yellow: (sorry Beano reader) :D

Does anyone else live in Maidstone Kent area?

Greg

A

Anonymous

I'll be looking out for others in Nottm.

When I had an MGF, some drivers used to acknowledge you but I think some of the original MG drivers looked down their nose at those with 'new' Rover ones.

Are Mini Cooper drivers still flashing each other? Their lights will never be off!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
Are Mini Cooper drivers still flashing each other? Their lights will never be off!

That's a good question. I'm not sure. Its 3 and half years since I owned my Mini although sometimes I do forget and flash my lights, then think "what did you do that for you idiot!"