What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Left wing mirror not opening.

DreamKing

Reaction score
Hi, this has been an issue I've had for awhile. Sometimes when I unlock my car my left wing mirror doesn't fold out. Usually I just lock and unlock the car a few times and it works. I've noticed that when this is happening I can't use the drivers side switch to bring down the passenger window, however the switch in the passengers side does still work to bring it down. Maybe the window thing is unrelated but seems weird how I only lose access from the drivers side switch whenever the wing mirror doesn't fold out.

Any advice? I haven't been to a garage yet.

DreamKing

Reaction score
Anybody got any suggestions?

I'm now 100% sure that the drivers side switch that controls the passenger window stops working at the same time the passenger wing mirror stops working.
But apparently both windows and wing mirrors share the same fuse (I've changed the fuse anyway but didn't make a different) Still works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't)

chrismac

Reaction score
Check the electrical connections on the Drivers door switch. Loose or dirty ?

chrismac

Reaction score
I would imagine the car key plip enables a signal to power the mirror circuits, If the switch is not working correctly there could be a broken circuit - and as your problem is intermittent its a good place to start.

DreamKing

Reaction score
I would imagine the car key plip enables a signal to power the mirror circuits, If the switch is not working correctly there could be a broken circuit - and as your problem is intermittent its a good place to start.
I've just took it apart and cleaned it all. When I went to my car it wasn't working but when I finished it was. I can't know for sure if it's fixed yet though since like I mentioned before sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. On the actual circuit board I saw some wet yellow / brown resedue which easily wiped away. So fingers crossed. Thanks for your recomendation.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just took it apart and cleaned it all. When I went to my car it wasn't working but when I finished it was. I can't know for sure if it's fixed yet though since like I mentioned before sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. On the actual circuit board I saw some wet yellow / brown resedue which easily wiped away. So fingers crossed. Thanks for your recomendation.
Just a note for future reference if anyone is looking to replace their drivers side door switch there’s two different part numbers and you must buy the one that matches your original as though they look identical they’re not 👍🏻