What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

led brake light bulbs??

rob1robno1

Reaction score
hi guys..i had rear lights tinted on my 2010 petrol rcz but the brake lights are dull now..is there any brighter led bulbs I can replace them with?? thankyou

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't say I've noticed, but are the brake lights also the tail lights? As in single bulb with dual filament?
You can get LEDs with a "dual filament" effect but I think they're a bit pricey.

You can get them in the correct fitment all day, and cheap but they won't do the correct job. I've been searching for some to replace the front P21w sidelight/drl bulb but haven't found any yet.

rob1robno1

Reaction score
the brake light bulbs are dual filament the original bulbs I got are a bit dim now lights are tinted :(

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You might have canbus issues with replacement led’s. I tried several pairs of relatively expensive led tail/brake led replacements, recommended on this site by another forum member. Despite several replacements by the supplier, I gave in in the end as I had canbus issues with the bulbs. The bulbs supplied were canbus compatible - just not with my Z.

The supplier was brilliant, and were happy to keep paying for return postage and sending me replacements to try. They did tell me they had issues previously with the RCZ, and that two identical cars could have totally different results. :eusa-think: