What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Leaving The RCZ Club :(

Lewligan

Reaction score
Well, after numerous issues with my RCZ R in the last couple of months since I bought it, Robins & Day are now refusing their legal obligation to offer a free repair/replacement and instead are now offering to buy the car back for the full amount that I paid.

So, with a bill looming for a replacement clutch and replacement front brake pads, my hands are tied a bit.
This is after a balancing issue that required 3 new tyres within a couple of weeks of me having it.

With this offer now on the table, I think it makes financial sense to just take the money and run.
They can then sort all the issues at their expense and I can go off and buy something else.

As much as I love the car, after all this crap within a couple of months of buying it, it's getting to the point where I just can't enjoy driving it anymore... it's all left a bit of a sour taste.

So it looks like I'll be leaving the RCZ Club pretty soon, unfortunately.
My mate's missus has got a job at a leasing firm, and she's sorting me a really good deal on an 18 plate BMW M240i, so I think I'm gonna go for that.

Will be very sad to see it go, though... undoubtedly one of the best looking cars out there, and a bloody blast to drive (when all's well with it) :(

RCZ-R

Reaction score
It's sad to hear that. But I do get you there.
I have been through this kind of phases with my R too. Those are the days when I hate her :lol: And then seeing those bills flying out of your mailbox make you wanna throw up. Fortunately those days are rare with the R. Obviously you got into the act with your R at the most unfortunate moment, making your experience as bad as it was.
Don't hate her :wave: she's just a french bi.... :lol: :greetings-wavingblue:

2retro

Reaction score
What a shame. Sorry to see you go, matey. :(

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sad to hear your leaving us Lew but totally understand where your coming from thanks for all the help with the custom car mats and it might be worth posting your email address for future orders. :thumbup:

Good luck with your next car all the best mate :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
In the circumstances I think your doing the right thing, but sad to see you go :wave:

jr4070

Reaction score
That's a shame. I would be tempted to do the same with that tale of woe..

howardf

Reaction score
I think your doing the right thing
Once you have fallen out of love with it it's time to go
Glad you are getting a full refund
Hope thwe bow works out

jr4070

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that... Robins and Day are still affiliated to Peugeot I believe. They are not just a franchise, good job you got it from them... What colour do I need to look out for on the 2/ 3 hand market, interested to see if they try and fix and flog it on...

Lewligan

Reaction score
jr4070 said:
Sorry to hear that... Robins and Day are still affiliated to Peugeot I believe. They are not just a franchise, good job you got it from them... What colour do I need to look out for on the 2/ 3 hand market, interested to see if they try and fix and flog it on...
Black... reg begins with R27.

It's now also got really poor Nexen tyres on it as they wouldn't even fork out a minimal amount to keep the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres that I had fitted. So they're compromising ride quality, performance and safety for the sake of a few hundred quid.

Anyone who buys it will 100% want to change those tyres for something better within a week, so that's £500+ that you'll be forking our straight away if you want to fit it with something decent.

They also sold it with the front brake pads on their way out, so that'd be another few hundred at least pretty soon after buying it, as they were down to 3mm when I last had it checked.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I paid £308 for my front pads fitted and that was free fitting as discs replaced under warranty. Talking with EBC at french car show and they do the Yellow pads for the R at around £90 and they are working on a replacement for the front discs as we speak.