What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

leather seats ripple bubble on seat pad

A

Anonymous

Hi all has anyone with leather seats had like a bulge (bubbles on the main seat part ) i know leather will give a bit and move and the leather is quite soft it was ok before i used the heated seats which are directly under the main seat pad just thought has any one else had anything like this ? sort of streched the leather a bit :helpme:

A

Anonymous

I haven't noticed a problem with the leather yet and have been using the heated seat every morning...mmm, lovely toasted bum :D

A

Anonymous

MMMmmmmmm, toasted...............my favourite type of bum :crazy:

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
H12RPO said:
MMMmmmmmm, toasted...............my favourite type of bum :crazy:
Mines toasted every morning too :wtf: :wtf: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't take this the wrong way Rob, but I think i would prefer Lorraine's toasted bum to yours!

:eusa-whistle:

Steve

A

Anonymous

haahahahaha I dont think all this toasty arse talk is helping the poor member

A

Anonymous

I only use the heated seats occasionally and my seats are still as new.

RCZ1

Reaction score
DRWHO BLUE GT said:
Hi all has anyone with leather seats had like a bulge (bubbles on the main seat part ) i know leather will give a bit and move and the leather is quite soft it was ok before i used the heated seats which are directly under the main seat pad just thought has any one else had anything like this ? sort of streched the leather a bit :helpme:

Not had issues with mine but then mine is not Peugeot leather!

Do you look after your leather? Do you clean it regularly and protect it on a quarterly basis. If you don't look after leather it's very unforgiving and soon shows signs of neglect. Not that I'm saying you are neglecting yours but just the fact that heated seats being used will dry out the leather, sucking the moisture out of it. Leather needs to be hydrated :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

i might have what you describe on mine. i'll try and take some pictures this w/e and post them here. I just assumed it was where the leather had stretched/given a bit since it's right on the bit where my bum goes!!!

i do clean/hydrate the leather and avoid having the heaters on for any more than necessary - not only for the leather, but also for the weird feeling..... having a hot bum is a bit odd!!!

A

Anonymous

yep i also have a ripple effect on the seat bottom leather. on my previous car 308cc the seat base looked like the leather was perforated presumably to allow the heat out. no perforations on the rcz. interesting to know if the bespoke leather seats are perforated or not.

lionhart

Reaction score
if you look at the driver's seat on most rcz's and other make's for sale on the web you will see them.you can slow it down a little if you look after them.

RCZ1

Reaction score
bee said:
yep i also have a ripple effect on the seat bottom leather. on my previous car 308cc the seat base looked like the leather was perforated presumably to allow the heat out. no perforations on the rcz. interesting to know if the bespoke leather seats are perforated or not.

With bespoke leather seats you can choose whatever you want - smooth, quilted, perforated, etc, etc :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Perforated seems the way to go, my folks 407 coupe have perforated leather and look newer than mine, despite my car having only done 2,000 miles abs theirs 15,000...

And I treat my seats with leather product when cleaning

RCZ1

Reaction score
Figo said:
Perforated seems the way to go, my folks 407 coupe have perforated leather and look newer than mine, despite my car having only done 2,000 miles abs theirs 15,000...

And I treat my seats with leather product when cleaning

Do you use both a leather cleaner - used each time you clean your car, as well as a leather protector - used quarterly to replenish the moisture and also to stop staining and fading?

A

Anonymous

Usually an all in one clean and protect (with added oils and carnuba). I've not bought anything other than that.

Any recomendations?

A

Anonymous

thanks all have used a simmoniz leather care cream which autoexpress recommended has helped a bit my seats are as the pics listed above my seat are blue may be its diffrent grade of leathers to other colours time will tell.

RCZ1

Reaction score
If you use the leather care cream regularly, then it should help to slow down / stop anymore problems :thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
I don't think this is a real problem, all the cars I've seen, even new ones in the showroom, have a ripple in the flat slab of the seat, leather will stretch a little once you start using it, I've treated mine but it's still there, adds a bit of character to the car.

I've had a few bubbles but not in the seat. :wtf: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob.