What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Knocking from front

A

Anonymous

There has been a knocking/ rumbling from the front, can't say its the suspension as it doesn't seem to do it over bumps,speed ramps nor at speed. I have read the threads on the damper mounts the engine mounts and the anti roll bar but has any body had any other front issue other than these. The sound is more of a hollow thud as if there is resonance through something. Have to say it sounds as if it's coming from under the footwell and on both sides .The handling seems ok, and tyre wear looks fine. The steering feels fine and there is no vibration through the steering wheel. Perhaps sub frame mounting.? Any ideas

A

Anonymous

Have you still got one of the engineers under the bonnet? Lol

A

Anonymous

I had the top mounts replaced on mine (known fault) as had the knock

A

Anonymous

had the suspension mounts replaced and engine moubt tighten. noise cleared out

A

Anonymous

.....no engineers under there....will get to dealer for a look and hopefully put it right

A

Anonymous

Spent few hours down local dealers this morning, a quick test drive to listen to knock,up on the ramp and the upper shock bushes need changing, so booked in for next week if parts arrive, they also did software upgrade

A

Anonymous

Ive got exact same thing that you describe, I will have to pop into local dealer.

A

Anonymous

after the tightening of the engine mounts and the subframe the steering wheel is no longer smooth to turn :-(. Wednesday i am going back for the steering rack replacement. I hope that it will end up here and i won't have to visit anymore the dealer until the next scheduled service.

A

Anonymous

Only nearside strut bush changed and this initially helped but knocking back on both sides, and is worse now tyres at correct pressures...they were all down by 6 psi...lost that in 6 weeks'!!... I just turn the radio up and the knocking noise gets less.....having the distinct feeling it will be back to the dealer and more wasted time....wonder if that is the problem as it is understering worse than ever now

A

Anonymous

have you checked the engine mount and the subframe?

Afther this was done, the steering wheel stopped being smooth on turning, while stationary and driving.

Today they replaced the steering rack and its smooth as butter. The car has 6197 miles on the clock.

A

Anonymous

Update guys, I went in to my dealer on Monday 29th, explained for mentioned problem also occasional squeak from back springs near side as well. Booked the car in for the Tuesday, now I left it with them the Monday and walked home and had only been home for about 2 - 3 hours rang me to say ready, so walked back and naively never asked what they had done (kinda pleased they done so quick I suppose). Chap told me how ever they ordered bearing for rear suspension and would have to book back in. Managed to drive 3 miles before knocking returned, when garage rang me Wednesday to tell me part had arrived I explained problem had returned which brings us up to today (2nd Nov). Monday they only lubricated bearing mounts, today they replaced them, all been re-lubricated problem solved, for how long we will see as these seem quite a common problem. On a personal note I understand problems occur but it is how people deal with them that counts and my garage is excellent on that score, I still love Cleo and looking forward to face lift model next year which I shall be purchasing :dance: think I am going to push boat out and get automatic though help my arthritic hip :lol: .

A

Anonymous

frosty said:
On a personal note I understand problems occur but it is how people deal with them that counts and my garage is excellent on that score,
I couldn't agree more :clap: My sentiments exactly :thumbup: