What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Kia Pro Ceed Gt

A

Anonymous

Anyone have thoughts or experience of this car.
I've done a little searching and do like the look of the car, I cant though find what the difference is between the 1.6P GT and the 1.6T GT, both are petrol and both seem to have the same spec on paper.

It took me ages to realise the "Pro" is a 2 door, so finding out the differnce between the 1.6P and the 1.6T is going to be a tad harder. :roll:

Both are rammed with extras and both (I think) give out the same BHP.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Actually on reading up on this you have actually answered your own question. The 1.6P is the Pro and then there are two models. One the GT and the other GT Tech.

It has got a lot of toys particularly the Tech model.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Cracking looking car...really it is..probably on looks the best looking Hot Hatch on the road today. The one i have seen on several ocassion's..had cracking LED tail lights/Xenon lights,it was but i think the xenons are extra..and with 197 bhp..it should be a great car to drive and own... :thumbup:

l think they can be specced with a glass roof as well :cool:

Kerry l was looking at them before i got the Focus :)

A

Anonymous

They really are great looking cars and come absolutely loaded with extras. I've never driven one though so would be really interested to hear what you make of it if/when you test drive one!

A

Anonymous

Thank for the input guys.

K, yep the "P" stands for Pro and is for the 2 door version, I still cant work out what the "T" is for though :eusa-think:

I've seen a few on Autotrader at reasonable prices, but nothing in this area, I think I would need to travel much further out to find a nice one.
In white obviously. :clap:
Another attraction is the 7 year warranty, but reviews are not the best I've read, so it's great having 7 years of protection but who wants to be visiting the dealers every few months.
Been there and still doing it :roll:

So anyway, due to my latest niggle (again) with my Z I'm just window shopping and keeping my options open.

Dont laugh but on a total opposite to an RCZ and a Kia GT, but I really like the Vauxhall Mokka, (in white) , fully spec'd.
Again though reviews are not fantastic. :roll:
Might just buy a skateboard. :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I honestly don't think there is a difference. On the Kia website both GT and GT tech models are listed as T-GDI.

I think you take the same risks with buying any car. Be it Audi, BMW, Peugeot or Kia. Anyone can buy a lemon and someone else have absolutely trouble free motoring with the same make and model. It's a lucky dip I think.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

Sorry photos seem to have arrived before text ! :) Anyway I replaced my RCZ 156gt with a proceed gt last September after having lots of niggles and a bad dealer and customer care experience ! Mine is the proceed gt first edition , only 50 issued to the uk , 500 total in Europe . I've now done 10000 miles and not one problem , drives great and the interior is of a far better quality than the RCZ ! Loads of toys including a heated steering wheel ! Mine has the panoramic sunroof which is exclusive to the first edition . Overall I'm very pleased and impressed with it . Still love the looks of the RCZ , but shame about the dealers .
John

A

Anonymous

Stunning m8 :clap:
Cracking front end, and looks a bit like the Astra GTC from the side.
Is yours the 201 BPH ?
I was impressed by the spec, and the price is a big attraction, I've seen 2013 top spec GT models going for around £13500 :eusa-think:

Did you buy new or used ?

A

Anonymous

No doubt it's a handsome car and well made and has piece of mind of a 7 year warranty. Only 3 things wrong with it KIA on the badge I'm such an old snob unfortunately :(. Looks like a fiat punto from side on :) enjoy. Really good looking thou

A

Anonymous

Hi , thanks for the comments . Yes it's 201 bhp, they all have the same engine and I had it new on 1st September . The 7 year warranty was an attraction , and 3 years free servicing ! The mpg is less than my RCZ, around 34 ! Which probably isn't to bad. As for the badge I was the same, as I was years ago about Skoda's and they now make quite good cars . As i said though the RCZ still is a wonderful car to look at ! And I loved mine it was just the dealers , I don't think they realised that most people that bought a RCZ were an enthusiast and treated them the same as someone that bought a peogeot van ! No disrespect to a Peugeot van of course :)

A

Anonymous

Looks like an Astra to my untrained eye. Like Bigmac I'm a snob too, can't go near an Asda :oops:

A

Anonymous

I quite like them. Don't see very many around though. When I bought my RCZ they had a black demo GT (It's a Peugeot/Kia/Seat/Citroen franchise).

I like the idea of the 7 year warranty, for me I don't like the feel/appearance of interior plastics (although yes I'm sure they are very well made plastics).

A

Anonymous

Aldi baked beans are surprisingly good far better than sainsbury's :) .. To be honest nearly all the mainstream hatchbacks look similar , that's why I loved the looks of my RCZ as it was different :)

A

Anonymous

Spridge said:
Aldi baked beans are surprisingly good far better than sainsbury's :) .. To be honest nearly all the mainstream hatchbacks look similar , that's why I loved the looks of my RCZ as it was different :)

I too was attracted to the RCZ as it didn't look like all the rest of the cars for sale at the time. The test drive was the factor that concluded my decision to have one. I have never needed a "family" car and so have tended to buy cars that stood out from the crowd, but was still within my price range. Aldi seeded bread is the best loaf around :lol:

A

Anonymous

Yes it is a nice loaf :) could pair it with the beans to :) . I was quite sad when I traded my Z in as like I say I loved it ! And as it was approaching 3 years old I had to decide if I was to keep it and go through all the problems I had all over again and pay for it out of my own pocket . ie mirrors being replaced twice as creaking , wheels replaced ( after numerous calls to customer care , and dealer saying that they could do nothing !) due to corrosion appearing from behind the spokes at around 14 months old , when they were eventually replaced it was only done by contacting Richard Dyson of Peugeot uk via this forum , who was fantastic by the way ! Only problem was I think they replaced them by refurbs not new as they told me cos they started to corrode again 6 months later ! . And the engine rattled like hell ! And the dealer seemed to think that was normal ! If I was treated differently and without reoccurring problems I would still have an RCZ , perhaps traded for a RCZ R . Still love em ! But not the company ! Anyway that's in the past and I'm shopping in Aldi :)