What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

just so you know when ...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
So you’ve been bitten by the decal bug pretty early there Stewart lol you’ll be hanging the furry dice next! :lol: :lol:

Hey no kidding it becomes an obsession, look at me with me go faster stripes! :crazy:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
So you’ve been bitten by the decal bug pretty early there Stewart lol you’ll be hanging the furry dice next! :lol: :lol:

Hey no kidding it becomes an obsession, look at me with me go faster stripes! :crazy:

And we all know someone who has covered his entire car with a colour warping psychedelic sticker! :lol: :wave:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I don't know what your on about, my cars still white.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
I don't know what your on about, my cars still white.

Like the "Purple People Eater" and the "Bus", had a half white morning early last year.
Only the third such in thirteen years of being here.
Could do with a bit of that at the mo'.
At least the thermometer has stopped going above 40C for the moment, but still hitting mid to upper thirties and twenties overnight.
phew!

Attachments

• halfwhite.jpg
    halfwhite.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,291

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Got your self a car park full of Pugs there Stewie,

but you did save the best one till last.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I should be french really, I have always liked Citroen's and Peugeot's but funny enough not keen on the Renault's, but I sure love some ooh laa la !!! :dance:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
I should be french really, I have always liked Citroen's and Peugeot's but funny enough not keen on the Renault's, but I sure love some ooh laa la !!! :dance:
Had a spell of Renaults, partly because wife knew main dealer owner from school days.
Beast was the Five Gordini Turbo, which was an animal due to turbo lag, so exiting a roundabout especially in the wet was "exciting", guessing when the turbo would kick in.
An Eleven Turbo was more civilised and even wife drove it "gently".
Her Five GTX 1.7 was ace and left many other hot hatches standing in its day, and was well equipped and upholstered; no probs hitting the ton.
Another half dozen mundane Renaults did their job, including a Five van, which on lease was petty cash.
My first diesel was a 1.9 Clio which ate up the miles and cheaply; I used to make home (Braintree Essex) from Newport South Wales averaging seventy; don't ask how, but I did.
Other members of our close family got some good deals and experience from the marque.
Happy days!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If memory serves correct, the Renault 5 Turbo had a nasty habit of catching fire. The engine ran so hot, and the space under the bonnet was so cramped, that they overheated to such a degree (hmm) that they caught fire on an alarmingly regular basis.

I’m not sure that they ever solved the problem. I do know that they were sh1t hot in terms of performance though.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
If memory serves correct, the Renault 5 Turbo had a nasty habit of catching fire. The engine ran so hot, and the space under the bonnet was so cramped, that they overheated to such a degree (hmm) that they caught fire on an alarmingly regular basis.

I’m not sure that they ever solved the problem. I do know that they were sh1t hot in terms of performance though.
Mine didn't, thank goodness!!!! :thumbup: