What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just realised RCZ has two explosive rams for want of better words that activate if you hit anything.Unfortunately a bird strike could.

Pisces63

Reaction score
How do you remove them please.
Could write off your car.
Not just bird strike,but a pothole might set them off,and has in the past.

Last edited:

2retro

Reaction score
I've never heard of them going off any time except in an accident (when they're supposed to) so I'm sure you'll be fine. They only pop the back of the bonnet up so it doesn't smash the widescreen in a head-on collision...

Pisces63

Reaction score
Thanks for reply.Someone on this forum in the past posted a bird strike activated it.
I think it ruins bonnet and hinges.

Pedro

Reaction score
Don't forget to tell your insurer you have disabled or removed them ?

lfe

Reaction score
I think there is an accelerometer behind the front badge and a sensor with a cable behind the bumper that triggers that protection.

Keep in mind that disabling security elements is a reason to fail the annual technical review, if they discover it.

Gnrnr

Reaction score
Pedestrian safety gear isn't it?
yep. Pops up the rear of the bonnet to reduce impact of a pedestrian into the windscreen. Highly unlikely a bird strike could trigger it anymore than a bird strike can trigger the steering wheel airbags.

Pisces63

Reaction score
Thanks for replys,Gnrnr there have been members here who have posted bonnet damage due to bird strike.

Pisces63

Reaction score
Play nicely.There is no need for rudeness.
I read on this site before I joined a member said that it happened.Why would he lie.
Just because you think it unlikely does not mean it did not happen

Pisces63

Reaction score
November 28th 2015 posted on this forum,bird strike set of activation.Type in
Google bonnet activation.

Gnrnr

Reaction score
Play nicely.There is no need for rudeness.
I read on this site before I joined a member said that it happened.Why would he lie.
Just because you think it unlikely does not mean it did not happen
Nowhere near enough likely to warrant messing with a safety system. These are not the only cars fitted with this type of pedestrian impact protection and given the numbers of birds hit, you see very few cars with these being functioned. I have seen a R35 GTR skyline function them during a rally when they ran off the road and went through a ditch, but again they had other issue to deal with (they smashed the bonnet with a hammer trying to get them back in a little bit). Just not a scenario worth worrying about. Just insure the thing and if it happens, you are covered.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
And since you missed it the first time. I am calling absolute bullshit on that claim.
I see your a new member, so why would you refute a flame from a member who’s says another member has had this happen?
Actually it did happen and the owner posted photos to prove it.
Also there have been recent posts on the fb groups relating to them going off after hitting a pothole.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Recent post on one of the fb groups stated that the rams put dents in the bonnet along with the usual damaging of the hinges.
It’s definitely not something that should ever be removed the consequences could be catastrophic, just do as I have buy a couple of replacements from a breakers.IMG_9355.jpegIMG_9353.jpegIMG_9361.jpeg