What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just purchased a 2015 RCZ HDI GT in Grey Reg: OY65 XVZ

Telephonewire

Reaction score
Hello All,

CAR REG: OY65 XVZ

Just purchased one of these beautiful cars after many years of admiration!
I purchased the car from a salvage auction to help keep the costs down.
It's has light front nearside damage so hopefully not too difficult to fix / repair.
Have always loved these cars and finally got around to buying one.

I know a little about the model history etc. but am now on a learning curve hoping to expand my knowledge.

As I purchased the car from a salvage auction I never got to meet the previous owner and ask any questions about the car.

I therefore have a few questions to pose to the members forum and if anyone knows the answers I would be most appreciative of some advice:
  • Under the rear carpet in the boot there is a towing eye and a reasonably large electric air inflator pump but nothing else. I appreciate there is no spare wheel but should there be a jack & handle and 'tool kit' of any sort? There seems to be lots of 'cut outs' in the polystyrene where the towing eye and electric air inflator pump are located which leads me to suspect several 'things' may be missing from my car!
  • I have included the registration number of the car (see above) just in case the previous owners sees this post and/or any other members know the previous owner as I would love to get in touch with them to ask them some questions about the car.
  • Also I only have one key and no service history records or 'book pack'. Again if I were able to get in contact with the previous owner and obtain the spare key and any service records of the car and the 'book pack' then tat would be amazing!
  • Having a look around on various websites spare parts all seem quite reasonably priced which is a big plus! :)
  • Not sure about availability of spare part though from the local Peugeot dealer, I guess time will tell?
  • Other slightly unconventional things I have discovered so far include: spanner-less battery terminal removal / refitting. Windows dropping / raising when opening and shutting the doors. I am sure many more interesting facts will come to light over the next few months.
  • Things I will need to repair the car include: a new front bumper (or repair the existing one), new nearside track-rod, nearside front wheel arch liners (as current ones are missing / damaged) and possibly a new nearside headlight.
I am sure I will be posting many more posts in the coming weeks as things come to light and as I seek additional information / advice.

In the meantime I'm looking forwards to hearing from anyone!

All the best,

Jeffrey

1716721070867.jpeg

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jeffrey as for the boot tray you only get the pump with the foam filler.,towing eye,locking wheel nut, and and netting for the boot..
As for the headlight if it is only the brackets that have snapped you can buy replacement ones off ebay saves cost to you...
Hope all goes smoothly with your RCZ and hope previous owners come forward too

Funkmachine

Reaction score
Yes headlamp brackets always seem to be broken. A pair of brackets on eBay c£40 and they fit to existing holes in the headlamp casing. You’ll need the bumper off though.
I just had a quote from a dealer for a front wheel arch liner - £956. Yes you read that right!
The window drop is quite common on many coupes and convertibles to allow the door to open and create a good seal when closing.
I’ve discovered the “amusement” that the rear twin exhaust baffles are actually fitted to the bumper as a separate piece which the actual pipes just poke into! My baffles are falling off!

Funkmachine

Reaction score
Ok and you can also buy a handbook and service book off eBay and get replacement keys from loads of places!

Kerr

Reaction score
Ok and you can also buy a handbook and service book off eBay and get replacement keys from loads of places!

May as well just keep service logs when 9 years of history is missing.

I suspect most people buying empty service books will log in services they have no proof of happening.

Funkmachine

Reaction score
My thought exactly - hadn’t even realised you can get such things! Another reason why I’ll always phone one or two numbers in the service book to check it’s authenticity!