What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just ordered

A

Anonymous

Greetings to all on this forum.

I have just ordered a GT 2.0 HDI 163ps manual in Nera Black with 19” Sportilege alloys in Onyx Black and black Leather with delivery planned for 1 September. In addition I have added G3 Glasscoat complete paint and leather protection for £300 to keep it bright and good looking. I don't mind the wait as my current car will not be 12 months old until April.

This will be the first time in 20 years that I have not bought a German car....Is this a risk???

I had priced up an Audi TT but, to be honest, I was getting a little fed up with having to pay for the smallest extras such as cruise control. When one pays the kind of money Audi ask, one would expect these to be sttandard, not an optional extra.

My current car is a diesel Beetle and its my third one in a row. This last one rattles and squeaks and the boot lid does not close properly without a fair old slam. I waited about eight months for this one and I think it will definately be the last until they sort out the build quality problems from their factory in Mexico.

Any comments from forum members of the build quality on their RCZ cars???

Anyhow, I'll watch this forum while I await my car.

A

Anonymous

no probs with mine just as a new car should be, but with the wow factor

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

I've had mine nearly 4 months now and not had any problems. I think the RCZ is great and not regretted my choice one little bit. Its a great car to drive and really stands out from the crowd. I don't think you will be disappointed with your choice.

There's loads of information on this forum to keep you going until September so happy reading :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Welcome Uberholt, wow September that is a long wait :shock:

Build quality on the RCZ is very good and is definately on a par with its German rivals, this was my first venture into the realms of Peugeot and so far very impressed

You will love it when it arrives

A

Anonymous

Well my wait is nearly over (early to mid march) :) but like you I own and have owned mainly german cars (current is Audi A6) . I too was looking at new cars and had my eye on either an A7 or a TTS but out of interest popped into the Peugeot garage and was immediately won over by the RCZ..it looks so fantastic and the build quality was better than I expected. I went for a test drive and was smitten from there on and ordered on 8th Nov. In the past I was a Citreon owner for many years ( 2 AXGT's. a BX GTI ) and never had any problems (well apart form the suspension on the BX once losing its Hydraulic oil but thats because of the suspension system Citreons used)

So , yes for the past 10 yrs or so I have been mainly german in my cars but now cannot wait to be french :)

A

Anonymous

Uberholt said:
Any comments from forum members of the build quality on their RCZ cars???

Anyhow, I'll watch this forum while I await my car.

well at the weekend I was giving the car a good going over with wax and my neighbours from across the road had to pop over. the results were very positive with them leaving very impressed. Especially with the high quality materials used inside. :thumbup:

And that was coming from the owners of a New Audi S3 and a Spangly new 911 Carrera S...

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the reassuring posts; I have a feeling I will love this new car. I have not driven one yet but I managed to get in the display model at the local dealers just to make sure it fitted my 6 feet frame.

I'll keep watching the forum to pick up more info and tips.

The reviews have been very good and I have been persuaded by the rarity value. (Plus being fairly brassed off by the Audi dealers who appear to be doing you a favour when they sell you a car...) I was one of the first to get a right hand drive Beetle in 2000 when they were first released...There's lots of TTs around but I must confess over here in Germany, I have yet to see an RCZ on the road.. I spotted one in December in Belgium on my way home at Christmas.

Regards from a very cold Germany

A

Anonymous

Hi Uberholt in cold (and snowy?) Germany and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: . My goodness but you have a loooonnnnnnggggg wait ahead of you. It's a good job your present beetle is still only relatively new. At least the forum will keep you entertained and informed while you wait. This is my first pug although I have had a French car before, one Korean, several Japanese, many British (minis) and I have nothing but praise for the RCZ in looks, performance and quality of build. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

A

Anonymous

Greetings to all,

Just ordered a black Perla 1.6 156 HP RCZ with 19"Sortilege alloys, nappa leather, JBL soundsystem. Didn't go for the navigation (2.200 euros in Belgium)...a bit pricy when you can buy a tom tom for 100euros.

Ordered it on 11th January should arrive on 15th March... can't wait, will try to post some pics when it arrives.

:beer:

Gab

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
Hi Uberholt in cold (and snowy?) Germany and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: . My goodness but you have a loooonnnnnnggggg wait ahead of you. It's a good job your present beetle is still only relatively new. At least the forum will keep you entertained and informed while you wait. This is my first pug although I have had a French car before, one Korean, several Japanese, many British (minis) and I have nothing but praise for the RCZ in looks, performance and quality of build. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Minus 6 this morning as I was de-icing the car....

The diesel Beetle is a good starter but the boot and windows tend to freeze up, I have learnt to open the door raher than risk the electric windows when I go through security to show my ID when I go into the office!!! This Beetle is shortly going in to rectify its moans and squeeks; I now have an issue with the gear selector....That's what one gets for buying a Mexican made car!!!!

I was reading the tecnical forum with all the problems some RCZ drivers have been encountering. Sadly, I don't think this is unusual. My 2000 Beetle had a habit of locking me out when I first got it. The Beetle owners' forum were very helpful in enabling me to reset the whole system; this cured the fault when the VW technies failed!!! A previous Golf had to carted off on a low loader when the computer shut the wole system down. It's really not helpful when a whitecoated man arrives with a laptop that he plugs in and then shakes his head.... I think all new cars will experience these problems especially those that have gone from concept to full production in such a short period. That is one bonus in my long lead in time in that I hope all these niggles will be sorted.

One thing that does concern are the run flat tyres...I'm not sure this is agood idea when there is no spare....

Keep the info coming....

A

Anonymous

sorry but rcz doesnt have run flats just a compressor and tin of co2 sealant

A

Anonymous

Yep just good ol Co2 sealant, here's hoping for no nails in the tyre......

uberholt where in Germany are you?

A

Anonymous

robbo said:
Yep just good ol Co2 sealant, here's hoping for no nails in the tyre......

uberholt where in Germany are you?

I am in Duesseldorf/Moenchengladbach; been here ten years. Love it but there's too many rules!!! All very civilised....They do tend to drive a little bit too fast...

Can someone tell me more about the lack of a spare tyre???

A

Anonymous

G'day Uberholt,

Yup they don't come with a spare. There is an onboard air compressor and a can of goo if you get a puncture.

Have a look at this thread on the various options.

I have a tyre plug kit that I'll keep in the car and I plan to hit the dealer up for a stock 18" wheel and tyre when we order the car.

A

Anonymous

Glenn said:
G'day Uberholt,

Yup they don't come with a spare. There is an onboard air compressor and a can of goo if you get a puncture.

Have a look at this thread on the various options.

I have a tyre plug kit that I'll keep in the car and I plan to hit the dealer up for a stock 18" wheel and tyre when we order the car.

I would be interested to know what other solutions members have to this gross act of negligence on the part of Peugeot. I would not be too popular if we ended up stranded awaiting a tow truck because 'the can of goo and the compressor' could not get us going...Or is one expected to order a full size spare wheel as an accessory??? (Indeed, does it even fit in the tyre well???)

A

Anonymous

as prevous threads-a spare 19" wheel will only fit deflated- I think a 18" will be a tight fit-or other cheaper option is a 2007
spacesaver which fits perfect with room for tools. all info on threads.