What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just got my hdi gt yesterday

sean

Reaction score
Well I finally took the plunge and got my rcz, was thinking of sticking with audi, but this is so much more fun to drive.

I've one question when I turn the ignition on and it goes though the checks telling auto lights are on auto car locks and so on it says auto wipers off, for the life of me I can't work out how to turn them on.
From what to manual says you pull the wiper stalk the stalk all the way down. Which I have done.

Jomo

Reaction score
Hi, on my 2010 156bhp RCZ I flick (light pressure) the stalk down once and then get the message ‘auto screen wipe activated’ However, I find taking them off bit more complicated as you flick the stalk up bit too far and you put on the intermittent !
Not sure if that helps, but if not am sure someone else on here can, and yeah, it’s soooooo much fun 😁

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is correct as you use the stork to turn it on or off.
Hope you enjoy your new RCZ and the 3rd gear is a wow factor on the Hdi.. Any chance of some photos of your RCZ.....
The wife loves hers and as for me it a great feeling. Having his and hers stops all the arguments of who's driving today lol 😂.
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

sean

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll have a play around with it, and probably get a spray bottle and see it the wipers work on auto, typical doesn't rain when you want it lol.
Going away next week so will probably get some photos then.

2retro

Reaction score
The auto lights are great but the auto wipers are a bit hit and miss as they seem to randomly decide to go on the top speed setting sometimes when intermittent would do...

George123

Reaction score
I’m having so much fun in my hdi. The ‘auto wipers’ seem to be a strange Peugeot system, same as a previous Peugeot I had, they are only auto once you activate them. So flick the stalk down to activate them. This needs to be done every time you start the car unlike some other makes where you select them to auto and they remain in that mode until you select otherwise.

George123

Reaction score
I should also add that this is a step up from Peugeot’s previous attempt at auto wipers. I once had a 206 gti 180. To activate the auto wipers on that, you needed to put the ignition into acc1 hold the stalk for 3 seconds with the drivers door open, wait for a beep and a message to flash up on the display... say five Hail Marys and fingers crossed when it rained they would decide if they wanted to work!

sean

Reaction score
Well got the auto wipers working, and yes it's a very strange set up.

Ian J.

Reaction score
I've had 3 rczs over about 7 years and never quite worked out the wipers, must be a French thing.

2retro

Reaction score
Incidentally, the reason they don't stay on auto after you switch off the car is in case it's left over night for example and the wipers are frozen to the windscreen the following morning. If the frozen wipers were on auto as soon as you switched on the engine it wouldn't be good for them...