What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just bought an RCZ !

Bucksboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

After never even sitting in one before, yesterday afternoon I bought a 14 plate RCZ GT 1.6 THP (200). For the last 3 years I have had an old 3.0 litre BMW Z4 and although it was getting old in the tooth and my wife hated it, I was reluctant to part with it because I didn’t think I could get anything else in my price range that could deliver the same kind of performance. I was also thinking of an Audi TT, but went for the RCZ because they offered so much better value for money and there aren’t many about whereas TT’s are 10 a penny. Plus my wife loved the look of the RCZ.

My Z4 also only did about 29 to the gallon and had high road tax, so I’m looking forward to paying less tax and a bit more MPG (but my insurance is higher!).

So my initial impressions are:

0-60 off the line doesn’t feel as fast as the Z4, but I love the midrange punch.
The RCZ is just so much more modern and a better place to be.
I love the way the car sits on the road and the way it goes round corners. I did wonder what it would be like after the rear wheel drive Z4, but it feels great.
I also love the way the car looks and I’m aware of only one other in about a 10 mile radius of home.

I know I’m still in the honeymoon period, but so far I’m really pleased with my purchase. Still getting used to a few things (like the windscreen wipers sweeping from the middle to the outside unlike other cars and how to quickly move the seat to access the rear “seating“ area), but I’m already thinking I am probably going to love the RCZ as much as I did my Z4.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum hopefully you can post some photos of your RCZ. As you said that a TT are ten a penny and they are no way as sexy looking like the RCZs.
The RCZ is the only production car to have the double bubble screen and the RCZ R is the fastest 1600 cc production car in the world, so Audi can keep there boring TTs..
So all I can say is................
drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Doublebubblelover

Reaction score
Hi and I'm delighted to read your short review, I'm just about to make a similar purchase and I'm in love with the RCZ just from a few test drives.

This is my budget mid-life crisis right here, not least joining an RCZ forum before even getting the car!!🤣

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be logging in to share the experience of buying my first RCZ, and reading all yours about driving them!

😄

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and I'm delighted to read your short review, I'm just about to make a similar purchase and I'm in love with the RCZ just from a few test drives.

This is my budget mid-life crisis right here, not least joining an RCZ forum before even getting the car!!🤣

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be logging in to share the experience of buying my first RCZ, and reading all yours about driving them!

😄
Hi and welcome we look forward to seeing your RCZ let us know how you get on

19exotic

Reaction score
Use a high octane fuel, Tesco's Momentum 99 is great - you'll notice the extra kick off the line!