What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just acquired an Asphalt...

A

Anonymous

Hi all - great to be new member of the community now that I have an Asphalt... Stunning beast... :D :D

And thanks to the site I've already had some questions answered by trawling the forum (maintaining the demanding matte paint job etc...)

Looking forward to many years of thrilling driving :dance:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations...the Asphalt is a stunning RCZ, but there is always room for improvement ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum. Love your choice of car too. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Great work and a fantastic choice of RCZ! Out of interest, did you buy it used? I just wonder if you bought a former member's who has just recently sold his. If it is his the mileage will be very low and will have swanky carbon wrapped plastics.

Anyway, I hope you love your RCZ as much as we love ours :D and I hope you'll treat us to a few snaps of your beautiful new motor!! :thumbup:

Smiler

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Great work and a fantastic choice of RCZ! Out of interest, did you buy it used? I just wonder if you bought a former member's who has just recently sold his. If it is his the mileage will be very low and will have swanky carbon wrapped plastics.

Anyway, I hope you love your RCZ as much as we love ours :D and I hope you'll treat us to a few snaps of your beautiful new motor!! :thumbup:
The car your talking about is on EBay for a dreamers price of £26,450 http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 6825723061

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Smiler said:
mrizzle said:

The car your talking about is on EBay for a dreamers price of £26,450 http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 6825723061

Good spot smiler!! I'd scoured autotrader a couple if times but had been unable to find it. That's a truly ridiculous asking price!! I don't even know that Starky paid that much for it new!!

Smiler

Reaction score
He said he paid £29,995 but I had the choice of 4 in April this year all for £24,000

A

Anonymous

Smiler said:
He said he paid £29,995 but I had the choice of 4 in April this year all for £24,000

£29,995 was the sticker price on the window but didn't pay that, the price they want for it now is a joke but hey it is a lovely well looked after, low mileage with extras car ;)

Smiler

Reaction score
Just you made out in the plummeting price thread you made a big loss but thanks for clearing it up

Hmmmmm I'm not shy :wtf:
Got £19,500 for it, was £29,999 just a little over 4 months ago, added quad pipes(free dealer fit) and carbon roof so big hit :thumbdown:[/quote]

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Good spot smiler!! I'd scoured autotrader a couple if times but had been unable to find it. That's a truly ridiculous asking price!! I don't even know that Starky paid that much for it new!!
It would seem that the letter I is proving rather problematical, this evening Sir :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:
It would seem that the letter I is proving rather problematical, this evening Sir :lol:

Damn you and damn Steve Jobs! :lol:

A

Anonymous

LOL! Cheers everyone - aye - used car, of course, and it would be indiscreet to talk money a but it was a very good deal for a very low mileage mint car ;)

The wax for it is another matter... :eek:

A

Anonymous

EdenGraham said:
LOL! Cheers everyone - aye - used car, of course, and it would be indiscreet to talk money a but it was a very good deal for a very low mileage mint car ;)

The wax for it is another matter... :eek:
I have wax for sale on eBay ;) about 5% used £80. 200ml tub ;)

A

Anonymous

LOL! Cheers Starky - three coats for less than 5% of a tub is making Swissvax a bit more appealing ;)

A

Anonymous

The Asphalt was a very well specced contemproary version of the rcz but it was destined to be well discounted because of the original overtly high asking RRP £30,000 all rcz are overly expensive but look cheap compared to a Audi TT BUT the TT will last longer=A 2.0TFSI S Line can be got easily for £30,000 BUT SORRY you will have to pay for a few extra's to get to the rcz SPEC does that matter as optional extra's are just purely for the first owner's pleasure/pain when he trade's it in even other cars in this niche LIKE the Scirroco 2.0tfsi R=265 BHP so in putting all this in perspective the rcz is expensive for what it is. Come 8 years time you wont see many ten year old rcz like you do TT'S or golf vr6 or golf R32

Smiler

Reaction score
1st question is why has the rcz won so many awards ,Beating the Audi

A

Anonymous

Smiler said:
1st question is why has the rcz won so many awards ,Beating the Audi

I dont mate :eusa-think: i would have a rcz before the existing audi TT and by all means a discounted asphalt is the way to go. Has anyone paid the list price for Asphalt hope not :thumbdown: but l would give my left pinky to get my hands on a scirroco R OR golf R instead of a rcz Asphalt thats just my PERSONAL CAR CHOICE of course.

I Just dont think rcz is built that well to last the distance with its achilles heal being its engine :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
I Just dont think rcz is built that well to last the distance with its achilles heal being its engine :thumbdown:
You could go for the highly regarded diesel engine. Built to last and no known reported faults :clap: Runs like a dream, fuel efficient and all the poke that you need (in a car like a RCZ)