What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Just about to order . . . . . .

panile

Reaction score
I'm just about to place an order for a new RCZ (200bhp petrol) and have been told by someone about engine drive chain issues with the BMW/Peugeot petrol engines??
Is this something to be wary of or should I just go ahead with the order?
Any views/comments would be gratefully received.

A

Anonymous

It is an area that has experienced problems, all of which have been resolved by the manufacturer under warranty. I was speaking with the service manager a couple of days ago and we discussed this matter. He assured me that remedial action had been taken on all new builds. I would suggest that you not be concerned and place your order :thumbup:

panile

Reaction score
Just want I wanted to hear thankyou! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

panile said:
Just want I wanted to hear thankyou! :thumbup:
You will enjoy the RCZ as it is a great car to own as well as to drive.

hanswuk

Reaction score
I suspect (and hope!) that most, if not all, these timing chain tensioner failures have been on fairly early build cars. It would be interesting to know what is the latest car that has suffered this problem.

A

Anonymous

having read this forum for a couple weeks in regards to all the errors on the car almost makes one think the car is unreliable...
offcours only the "failures" make it online... car working fine rarely gets talked about haha..
I just bought it last week, but i hope mine keeps on running without issue's ;-)