What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Judder judder warning light

A

Anonymous

So once again I'm back at Peugeot this time for what they think is the coolant sensor. It's a 3 year old 156 gt with only 17000 on the clock is this a known fault ?
Got a brand new 208 on loan but can't wait to get my Z back :(

A

Anonymous

Hi, there is a common fault with the temperature sensor but in all the cases I've read here on the forum, including my own, it's been false readings only, no associated judder.

Usually the gauge just maxes out for a few seconds then goes back to normal, sometimes with the red STOP light on the dash as the gauge reacts to a false signal.

Good luck with the garage, I hope yours is as simple as a false reading too and nothing more serious.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't expect a faulty temperature sensor to produce the the juddering that you appear to have suffered. The sensor itself is a known fault as Steve stated earlier.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Yes a known fault as the others have said and I have experienced this problem on our RCZ but did not have any judders. When the EML/CEL came on it did go into limp mode but no judder, unless that is what you are explaining as in a loss in power???

Hopefully your service shop knows about the latest fix for the temperature sensor, in that there is a modified modified fix that incorporates the sensor, housing and wiring harness.

A

Anonymous

£1200 worth of work done (under warranty thank god ! ). And all is good again
Looking forward to some trouble free motoring at last !

A

Anonymous

PeterRCZ said:
£1200 worth of work done (under warranty thank god ! ). And all is good again
Looking forward to some trouble free motoring at last !

Crumbs!!! Not a bill that you'd want to be footing yourself. Quite frightening for one such as myself, as Pearl2 nears her 3rd birthday