What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Jerky gear change for automatic

A

Anonymous

Had abt 1000 miles done on my rcz. Been to workshop twice. Gearbox extremely jerky when it tries to engage from 1st to 2nd gear. The whole car literally jolts. Been to workshop once. No solution. Been there second time last week. The problem has been referred to "Level 2" team. No results as yet. Anyone has this problem? My first peugeot and already losing trust in the brand because of inefficiency in solving the issue.

A

Anonymous

Give them a chance. This is a new car and new faults need to be diagnosed and rectifications found and disseminated throughout the Peugeot dealerships.

A

Anonymous

Pretty sure it uses the old Porsche system. Is it the trip tropic? If so the gear change sucks till its worn in a bit. Seen this on the old boxster but it loosened up fine after about 5k

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
This is a new car..........

Can't keep rolling out that old chestnut now Ron - we're at least 18 months into the first cars going on the road.

I can see you rolling out such a statement in 5 years time :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
OO58RON said:
This is a new car..........

Can't keep rolling out that old chestnut now Ron - we're at least 18 months into the first cars going on the road.

I can see you rolling out such a statement in 5 years time :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:
New problems appear over a period of time. 18months is a new car. Faults are going to develop and the cause needs to be found. This information base will be small at the moment and so we must expect time for the solutions to new faults :thumbup: